My PiP experience.

Posted , 6 users are following.

PiP is different for so many of us and no case is the same but let me tell you this, it did not stop me searching google everyday for advice and how long it would take etc etc so I would really like to share my journey. I have Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, Anxiety and Depression. When I was filling the form I made it so personal to me. I was crying whilst I was filling it out. On the back page where you can add additional information I completely poured my heart out of my life and what I've been through and how it affects me today.

I'm not sure what I have been awarded as I will receive the letter in a few days but I don't care about the amount I'm just so happy that I won a case and I really hope this encourages other mental health sufferes to apply.

27th July - contacted DWP.

11th September - returned the form (had an extension from my psychiatrist) received a text to say they had my form the next day.

23rd September - my appointment with atos.

26th September - text to say they had all info.

3rd October - text to say I've been awarded and I'll receive a letter with all details and payment.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations.

I know this feeling...I just got awarded SSDI (In the US).

It took 2 years....so I know the relief.  I have the same conditons as you...interesting they cal the Emotional unstable personality BPD around here.

• Posted

So glad you are also being recognised and the help you need.

They call it BPD here now but I just feel better saying EUSPD!

All the best.

• Posted

Forgot to say congratulations. From what I have read on this site nearly all claimants spend most of their time appealing decisions etc. When are they going to realise that THEY (Atos, Capita and DWP) ADD to the suffering of a claimant with their conniving ways of undertaking assessments. People should be assessed in their homes so they can see the REAL extent of struggles people have. The money they would save on running all these assessment centres is an absolute waste of government money.
    • Posted

Yes you are right, there is a huge number that fail to get any award for PIP and worse still get nothing even though they had a sustantial previous award under DLA.

​My experience is that a home visit is no different to one that is held at their assessment centres. What is different is getting a half decent assessor that takes on board what you tell them without resorting to ridiculous opinions about ficticious dogs!!!

• Posted

Just received brown envelope and I have been refused PIP. My whole life has been turned upside down with my balance problem and recurrent BPPV but it seems I am fit and well in their eyes.
    • Posted

Join the exclusive club that I belong to. The DWP/government have ways of curing the incurable. I too had a lovely letter a month or so ago that told me that I am now not disabled any longer and can start living my life!!

For 21 years the government accepted (eventually) that I was telling the truth and that the health professionals who look after me were not involved in a benefit fraud conspiracy.

Now they have concluded that all of my needs/difficulties have disappeared.

I spoke to my MP about the cure and he just laughed at the thought of his party finding it!!

• Posted

My pip experience has been okay I rang on 5th August then sent paperwork in had assessment mid September and was awarded pip last week for both components

• Posted

No Dawn it was due to severe mobility problems I was actually expecting a fight 😏

• Posted

I don't think people reading this should rely on receiving texts though. It seems this is depending on what area you live in. My area is still good old letter/post.

• Posted

Like I said this was my experience and as I stare at the top every case is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.