My pityriasis rosea is giving me depression please can someone help

Posted , 9 users are following.

ive had this rash for over 5 months now and i just donr know what to do, it spreads all the time my forearms chest stomach back bum legs are all covered and i feel so ugly and disgusting and people always ask me what it is and i just feel so embarrassed, i fake tan so i dont know if this could be making it worse but i cant not fake tan while i have this rash because at least when im tanned it doesnt look as bad, i feel so neglected by all the doctors who ive seen and they just tell me to ride it out but its so hard i just cant stay like this for much longer, i was prescribed some anti fungal tablets for 5 days but they didmt help. please someone help me 😦

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear you have this horrible disease! I suffered with it for a little over three months until it finally went away. Although it doesn't work for everyone, Preeze really helped me. It cleared me up within about 2 weeks. You might also try sun bathing instead of the sun tanning. Hang in there!

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear you are suffering for so long...This is what I did and I cleared up in about 2 wks once I stayed consistent...Tea Tree oil and coconut oil helped my rash to heal faster and it soothed the itch/burn..I put a few drops of the tea tree oil in my palm and scooped the coconut oil with my finger and mixed together like a lotion. I applied it morning and night( sometimes mid day) and it worked wonders!! I also bathed with the medicated Selsun Blue shampoo. If you can find a dermatologist office that has "photo therapy" that also speeds up your healing time. You stand in the booth for 2-3 min twice a week. It only took 2-3 sessions for me. Hope this helps. Stay encouraged.

• Posted

When showering with the Selsun Blue, be generous with it. I would rub it everywhere my rash was, let it sit for a few minutes, then lather again and wash

• Posted

I can very well relate to your condition.. Since I had my PR for more than 3 months as well.. Since the doctors in my country were not aware about anything of this sort.. my doctor simply told me to switch to a medicinal soap and not a scented one.. I stopped using perfumes as well.. stopped applying any creams or moisturizer that conatined any kind of scent in it.. I started traveling outside during the day time when it was scorching hot.. To my notice within 2 months of PR.. firstly the spots on my neck and chest disappered then slowly withing less than a month every other spot near my belly and near my bikini line disappered.. the only spots which remained persistent were a few on my arm .. that too faded away naturally.. .

I would like to highlight that the only way to get rid of PR is by getting a complete tan.. I did it literally everyday.. but it was worth it.. I'm Happy Now.. it's been two years since then.. It will never return. God's Grace😇

• Posted

Sorry that you are having a bad time. Has it stopped spreading? My rash developed over 2 weeks after the herald patch appeared. I sunbathed and used zinc oxide and coconut oil. I think the zinc oxide helped more. I had lukewarm showers as hot water made it flare up. I think the sun really helped and the cream. I also went on a strict diet. Stopped caffeine, alcohol, dairy, wheat and sugar. Eat lots of green veg, salad, fish with seeds and lots of garlic, ginger, tumeric. Once the spots stop spreading and flatten then it's turned a corner. People recommend sunbeds if there is no warm weather. it's horrid but it will go away.

• Posted

So sorry! Been there, and it was TERRIBLE! Mine lasted for exactly 7 weeks, but I was vigilant about my health to make sure this gross, itchy, self-esteem threatening rash went away. I used extra virgin coconut oil during the day and Boudreaux's Maximum Strength Buttpaste at night. Eat SUPER healthy--lots of raw veggies and and fruits, and drink lots of water. I've written a couple of posts outlining my approach to healing this. But, I'd say that what I've written in this reply was the most effective. Try not to stress, and try to sleep as much as you can. It will go away!!!

• Edited

Hi, how are you coming along? This disease is horrible and very few people understand just how bad it is unless you go through it..doctors included!! Know that you're not alone, and it will get better. Take heed to all of the advice given and see whats most effective for you. Everyone responds alittle different to certain treatments. YOU WILL GET YOUR NORMAL LIFE BACK. Stay encouraged and persistent in your attack of this ugly disease. I'm praying for you!

• Posted

hey i feel your pain

i had same issue my rash was all over my body too

try prreze cream

goto amazon and order a big one

because it goes fast since your rash is all over your body

i had to order it twice

good luck

• Posted

Hi,

I can really sympathize with your pain. I had PRR for many months also. Nothing got rid of it. Doctors tried steroid creams, etc, etc. Then I saw a forum where the girl covered all the spots with calamine lotion. I did this for 2 weeks and then I noticed the spots starting to dry up and go away. I did not put any more lotion on after 2 weeks. After about the 3rd week I was convinced. It was finally going away. It took another week or more before the redness started to fade. The rash took quite a few weeks to finally be completely gone. The rest of the story....It came back about 6 month later but not nearly as bad. I did the calamine lotion again and it worked again. Rash gone in 3 weeks and has not returned. Give it a try. God Bless.

• Posted

I feel your pain! I had my PR for 5 months and it was not going away! It was on my back, arms, legs, torso, neck and face. I had tried all the remedies recommended online- from head and shoulders as body wash, coconut oil, lysine tablets, prezze creame, zinc cream, lots of tanning but nothing worked! I even tried using bleach because i was so desperate and miserable/self-conscious but this only made it worse.

Finally, I tried apple cider vinegar! I soaked a cotton ball with it 2-3x a day ( i was very consistent with this routine) and after a week I noticed a majority of my spots were whitening and becoming less inflammed and patchy. In fact, my back spots flattened and started to disappear. I continued this for a little over a month (all the spots kept gradually becoming whiter) and it honestly had made the biggest difference. I was so happy. Of course, the pigmentation is still visible in some areas but after i went swimming and tanned for about an hour the spots on my torso, arms and back completely burned off! they had just disappeared. The spots on my legs are more stubborn and the white patches are still slightly visible, so I still keep using apple cider vinegar on those spots. But besides that, i can wear shorts, dresses and singlets now without feeling so anxious and I am overjoyed!

So, try apple cider vinegar consistently and if you see improvement, tan at the same time too! These two worked miracles for me. Some areas on your body may heal faster than other areas but do not be discouraged and keep trying.

Also, for the spots and rashes on my face, i used both apple cider vinegar and NEEM OIL for this. For some reason, the neem oil (after about three weeks) got rid of the rash on my face. So maybe try this as well, i don't think it was doing much effect for the rest of my body but it saved my face!

• Posted

Hang in there! Vent on this board--we all can relate!!!-- and keep it up with the healthy lifestyle and treatments. It WILL go away eventually! ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.