My Pycnogenol/Grape Seed Extract History (so far)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Back in August 1995 I and a friend attended a lecture on Pycnogenol, as it was just arriving in the U.S. from France where it was found some 50 yrs ago.I've been committed to alternative healing for probably 25 yrs....and this lecture was right up my alley.

What got me the MOST was that we were told it "may" prevent cancer....this was from a panel of researchers and a couple alternative doctors. This hooked me. So I bought my first bottle in Sept 1995 and stayed with Pycnogenol for the whole year.....

After the year I found Grape Seed Extract and it was less $$ and does the same work.

The first thing TO GO were my lifelong allergy and sinus issues, that's a whole other story....saga is more like it...

I have NOT taken a drug for allergies and sinus issues for 19 yrs....

Other benefits I see/feel:

Good eyesight, I have NOT gone for an eye check up in over 5 yrs....I figure WHY, things have not changed and I see good with use old long time eyeglasses for reading/computer and distance....

Gums are so improved, prior to Pycnogenol I was told I had deep pockets and needed deeper work, I haven't heard this comment in years.

Freckels and moles and liver spots are all lighter....and I did a lifetime of sun and came in from sun at 53 or so, that is when I now believe Vit D started to decline.

I don't get colds or flu and have NOT done the flu shot in about 25 yrs....use homeopathics if I feel a flu coming on and use Echineaca if I feel a cold might start.....these 2 work every time for me.

Oh, it also reduces/eliminates edema....had this issue twice one from blood pressure med and the other from hip replacement. (saga)

My voice is strong and clear.

I've told everyone who enters my life and MOST are taking grape seed extract and loving their new found health.

I was 57 when I found these powerful antioxidants or they found me and I'm now 76. I'm banking on these antioxidants re: the cancer issues...

Do your homework, there is tons of info on these on the net and books are written about these too. I own 6 little books on them. Joy

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I should mention this: I know of 3 cancer research hospitals/centers in the U.S. who are using these antioxidants in their cancer research. There may be more but I didn't search further. You can google this too to find these research centers...

As I said, we were told it "MAY" prevent cancer.....there are no guarantees to anything in life.

• Posted

Just listening to my sunday health program and SO MANY calling in with so many health issues....I could scream.....

Maybe 1/2% of the world population takes one of these antioxidants.....what a LOSS for billions.....and a loss of better health.....

• Posted

Just listening to my sunday health program and SO MANY calling in with so many health issues....I could scream.....

Maybe 1/2% of the world population takes one of these antioxidants.....what a LOSS for billions.....and a loss of better health.....

• Posted

These are OPC's and I see a new post was deleted by the moderators.....My only guess is that the poster was giving prices and where to buy, etc.....

THese OPC's are about everywhere and I don't sell them, but sell what they do....a LOT.......joy 76 US 

• Posted

joy...loving your contribution...thanks!

just to let you know....cos it will be right up your alley....that there are TWO must watch internet events on NOW for nearly the week.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

enjoy !!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the specific details of these events as we do not allow plugging like this in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Thanks Marey, glad to be here too....I've worked in alternative healing so long and get new info every day from my sources....  J xo
  • Posted

Glad to hear Grape Seed is working so well for you.  As you say, both Pycnogenol and Grape seed contain large amounts of the same (or at least very similar) active ingredients called OPCs (Oligomeric Procyanidins) and why pay more for the same product?

The problem that I have found in my lab is that many grape seed supplements have little-to-no capacity to activate cells. Pycnogenol is more regulated than grape seed (pycnogenol is trademarked and all sourced from the same company) and we have found it is generally more active than grape seed.  Of couse, you are also correct, it is very expensive smile

If you have a grape seed product that is working for you, I wouldn't suggest changing it for this reason.  If anyone is looking to try Grape Seed for the first time, I would recommend mid-sized suppliers as your best bet.  Alternatively, you can send me a private message and I will tell you what products we found to be best in our tests.

• Posted

Hello Joy,

I certainly hope you will receive this email. I have been suffering from Crohns Disease for over 45 years, 3 resections of the Ileum, and chronic d iarrhea every day of my life, however I have now d3veloped Emphysema and This is by far the worst thing that has happened to me, this breathlessness, has left me without any quality of life. However As these are both inflammatory illness,s I have been researching a substance called Arbouvitae, after hearing excellent healing a about it, and the main substance in it is ca

lPycnogel, and I have spent day and night researching in some of the articles it do3s say it can be helpful for Respiratory I

Se help heal this illness, I have only been on the Pycnogenol for 2 weeks, so I am hopeing it will kick in soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.