My Recent SVT episode

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just wanted to share my recent SVT episode as it is still clear in my mind. On Saturday night just gone, I was sat on the couch watching TV and all of a sudden I felt my heart drop out of rhythm - then felt the rapid SVT. My heart rate was 240bpm and I had to go to hospital. Fortunately, I was able to avoid Adenosine and was able to convert back to sinus tachy in the hospital.

During the episode (which lasted over an hour) I had mild chest pain on the right side of my chest and I felt very anxious, but didn't have any other notable symptoms. I'm having my ablation in under a month and this recent episode has confirmed in my mind that the ablation is the best thing for me as the medication isn't controlling the arrythmia.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Only regret you'll have is that you didn't get the ablation earlier!

Quick and easy procedure 👍

Had mine about 2 years ago and no episodes since, of course pre OP I was nervous (and it's only natural) but there's genuinely no need to be.

The episodes I had over the years were far more stressful than the ablation itself with some SVT episodes hitting 270bpm at times for a good hour.

you'll be fine 😁

• Posted

YES!!!! ❤️✨ Me too! the best thing I ever did 8 years ago!

• Posted

may I ask you what medication or medications you were on for SVT prevention & what's the exact doses? Tx

• Posted

I had my ablation nearly 4yrs ago... in the last few months I keep having that feeling you get when the SVT is about to kick off... that empty hollow feeling... a few heavy beats but it doesnt start. My cardiologist said that the heart remodels and will sometimes find another pathway... hope your procedure goes well... i dont regret mine.

• Posted

Hi. I've just arrived back home from a&e after my first svt episode for about 14 years. I'm bloody gutted! what caused it? Why now? Is it going to stay? Ended up having adenosine which is awful....... I'm really naffed off. Mine was also hovering around 240 bpm. Now need to revisit cardiologist.........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.