My renewal pip claim

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i sent my forms for renewal for my pip then was told it’s gone to assessors then when i i called they said it’s one back to DWP soi called them they said it’s just carrying on but wheni asked them about assessment they said wasn’t sure i was just wondering if any body else this happen to them? i wasn’t sure if they will look at it again after lockdown

thanks kate

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

This makes no sense. I'm assuming that you haven't been told exactly what's going on. If your file has been returned from the health assessment providers then a paper based assessment has been completed, it wouldn't have been returned for any other reason and Covid19 wouldn't be a reason to return it without the report being written. I know the health assessment providers are mostly working from home.

My advice is to ring DWP again and ask if the report has been returned, if it has then request a copy to be sent to you.

If a decision hasn't been made by the time your award is due to end and your current award was made by DWP and not a Tribunal then your award will be extended. If your award was from a Tribunal then it won't be extended because DWP can't overrule a Tribunal award and it can't be extended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.