My results after 10 years of visits to docs

Posted , 5 users are following.

10 years ago I had a blood test as I was very tired and depressed, I was had an op to confirm pcos and was told I had IBS, I stopped eating meats I found I would suffer after (toilet) if I ate meats.

Anyways, they said my iron was low but nothing to be concerned about. I went away, believing it was depression and anxiety.

After many short breath moments, believing it is anxiety doing that, and many moments of self harm, I thought I'm never going to feel awake, alive, or feel anything...I didn't have the energy to actually care for much.

I accepted my depression was causing all of this and have been trying so hard to help work around this in life.

Today, I got blood works back and have yet to see the doctor to confirm but they are as follows:

Serum Ferritin : 14 g/L

Haemoglobin estimation: 128 g/L

Haemoglobin (MCH) 29.4 pg

Red Blood count: 4.35 10*12/L

Liver function test:

Serum bilirubin: 21 umol/L

I have other results if that helps, I had the lot done.

Would this be why I've had so many issues with migraines and energy. This weekend after my blood test I was in bed all weekend with my calves hurting and not resting, being sick and in general so unwell.

I hope you can help, I've gone 10 years with doctors telling me it's the depression, and I'm not convinced.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

All thyroid was checked too
  • Posted

B12 was at 309

Tsh: 2.2

T4: 11

In the UK measurements under 15 is due for concern. I4 may seem normal to people, but seriously? I've been walking around with my eyes closing to go to sleep some days...something can't be right, this can't be the depression making me so tired.

• Posted

Your Ferritin is belwo normal which might suggest you're deficient in iron. Your T4 is at the lower end of normal. Not surprising that you're tired.I'm sure your GP will prescribe iron.
    • Posted

I'll be making an app when I get back on Thursday. I bought some liquid iron until then, fibroglobin I think it's called.

I've forgotten what it feels like to be wide awake, excited etc...I think I'll cry the day my eyes are not heavy and I actually get jobs done! Instead of jobs at ten min at a time because I get so exhausted!

Anybody else relate?

Thank you woosie

• Posted

Hi amylr.

i can certainly understand, exact same thing happened to me.

come the afternoon I was absolutely shattered I couldn't understand why I was getting 8-9 hours full sleep, zero energy, migranes more frequently ( suffered with them for 20plus years but becoming more frequent).

saw numerous doctors, who basically just used to fob me off,

but hit the jackpot recently as out surgery had a new male GP........ He didnt want to give me any medication he wanted me to have FULL Blood works done as at this point not just migranes and feeling really tired, feeling very nausea, shortness of breath, Fatigued, as well as crashing fatigue!!. Anway the test revield my blood level was very low...... I actuall no nothing about my results as to what they read????. 

Just given a message that I was now Anemic and put on a course of medication for 6 months.....Ferrous Sulphate Tablets 200mg 3x a day the highest dose..... And believe me I'm already feeling better I can now do the housework, and things that I couldn't even condone about before...... Insist that u get the full blood test done even include B12 which again I was low which is understandable!!!' makes a HUGE difference. Please insist u get this done this what I had could be ur problem to? Even ask about this medication as well...... Or just see another GP if they refuse.

• Posted

Thanks Shelly

Yeah, with most so figures on the low end It most likey all adds up. After reading much on iron and b12 I'm convinced my father and brother would benefit from extra iron. Trying to convince them is another thing. What harm can it do.

I'm glad someone else understands all of this. It's frustrating and I feel like I've been cheated out of 10 years as I had the aspiration and go for a lot of things but the energy to do them was not there. I'm hoping I can start to make up for it now though. X

• Posted

Today I went to the doctors and he was very good smile. I am now on 300mg furrous gluconate 2 3 X a day.

What are people's experiences after leveling up there iron? I'm also taking Vitamin B complex, Vit D, evening promos and my normal fluoxetine. I'm so hopeful this sorts my energy levels out sad, I can't keep going on like a walking zombie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.