My Rheumatologist first diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia but now she thinks it is AS. I am just wonder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 34. I have had lower back many and some joint pain for many years. I always thought it was to due with the UC or because I was a Pre-K teacher. My job kept me very active.

The last couple years I started feeling extremely fatigued. 

The last year I have had really bad lower back and hip pain. It is now pretty much everywhere. Shoulders, ankles, elbows etc...

My RA test was negative but my CRP and Sed rate was high. 

My X-rays of my hips was normal.

I just had an ultrasound sound of my Achilles’ tendons. I do not know the results yet.

In order to start on biologic drugs my Rheumatologist needs to have proof for the insurance company.

She mentioned an MRI but has not sent me for that yet.

I am just curious if this sounds familiar to anyone... and what is next? 

She gave me Celebrex but it made me so sick.

Prednisone helped so much but is not a long term solution. 

Thanks,

Debra

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello I have everything you have said hip, shoulders, back , fatigue etc have you been tested for hLA-b27?
  • Posted

The only way to know you have AS is getting a blood test for a genetic bio-marker called  HLA-B27. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.