My right ear lost hearing over 20 years ago due to meningitis but to date it causes me dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

My right ear lost hearing over 20 years ago due to meningitis but to date it causes me dizziness and I occasionally  I experience dizziness, heavy ear, and ringing in the affected ear.

Doziness,ringing, nausea and even sweating happen usually when I sleep without a pillow or sleep with my right side.

What should I do? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Well, what a surprised.  I too contracted Bacterial Meningitis, mine was called

Pneumococcal Meningitis, which I contracted due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

The bacteria in my tubes crossed the blood/brain barrier leaving me in hsopital

in 1994 for two weeks, losing the sight in my left eye and hearing down in my right

ear, dizziness when I lie on my right side and vertigo now and again when I look

upwards.

The condition has left me with Tinnitus (high pitched whistle) in my left ear.

Mine, as I've said started with blocked years over a number of years and eventually

lead to the most horrendous earache, which proved bacteria was taking affect.

Wondering how many more people in different places in the World has suffered

meningitis too due to ETD.   Always get protected by antibiotics when earache is

present with blocked ears, or without it too....dreadful illness that I wouldn't want

anyone else to suffer.  I'm so very lucky to be alive.

Anne

• Posted

Hi, i had my left ear killed off hoping the right one would compensate it didnt im left with louder tinnitus and cant detect where sounds are coming from  im afraid in most cases you just have to be strong and yes i know its easy to say but its the truth xx
    • Posted

Exactly! That is my main problem. I hear the sound but I cant detect where it is coming from. Can the condition be be corrected?
    • Posted

Don’t think so because they can’t bring the hearing back xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.