My right face has been swollen for a week, what should i do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been doing my daily routine, when i suddenly feel pain on the muscles around my right eye when i rub it. My eye still look in good condition, no red eye. And i also noticed my right side of the face was swollen/puffier than my left side. After 3 days, the muscles around my eye not in pain anymore when i touched it. But now my right side of the face still more puffier/swollen than my left side. I was wondering if this might be something dangerous/life-threatening?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean by "daily routine"?

• Posted

Do things normally.

I'm just doing things normally, and i suddenly feel pain on my face and felt my right face swell.

The doctor said i might have sinus, but i dont feel any symptoms of sinus pain/pressure that people experienced

• Posted

Winny  is it possible you have been bitten or stung by an insect on your face?
  • Posted

If the pain and swelling are near the inner part of the eye it could be an infection or blockage of the tear duct. Alternatively a stye.....an infected point on your eyelid. If its a stye it should come to a pusy head. Try putting warm compresses on the affected part. It may help to clear whatever it is. However if it gets worse you should go back to your doctor.....you may need antibiotics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.