My right foot is throbbing with pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i'm a thirteen year old girl. I'm not skinny in any way, but I just don't think these foot problems are caused by weight. Just yesterday, I got up from bed and my right foot was throbbing with pain. The whole day I was limping and I could barely walk. Today, it's gotten even worse. I can barely walk three steps without my foot hurting. I looked online and the only thing that comes up is Plantar Facititis. I don't if I have this or not, but I can barely walk. This is especially a problem because my school is large, so I have to walk around a lot. Please help me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Where's the pain on your foot? 

If it's underneath the heel then it sounds like plantar fasciitis. Although you'll read that the pain resides after a few steps it can often linger through out the day.

If you think it's plantar fasciitis then you need to be especially careful the first few steps you take after you've been sitting for a while...like at the end of a class. The first few steps after sitting can cause a significant amount of damage. Even more so when you've been sleeping all night and first get up in the morning.

Before standing up trying slowly pulling your toes back towards you as this will help stretch the fascia before you stand up.

Try to find a pair of shoes that has good heel cushion to help reduce the pressure at the heel and I would try to compliment this with arch support.

Just note: cushion helps minimize the pain but will likely not stop it. Arch supports, stretching and not walking bare foot will help to address the cause of the pain.

Good Luck,

• Posted

Hi ally I’m twelve so I know how hard it is to tell your parents that your in pain because it always makes you feel like your just over reacting but if it hurts you this bad I’ve found that it better to tell your parents that you need an x-ray and you need to go to the doctor because it could just get worse 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.