my rolled ankle two weeks later

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, I fell down the stairs two weeks ago and fell full force on my inturned ankle. I immediately went to the hospital because I heard a series of cracks, and when I stood up and moved my ankle to the left it craked and popped one more time. The hospital was super busy and I was ordered x-rays, told me there was no break, and sent me home. As time is going on it is only getting worse, I cannont work on it or else I can't walk the next day. Also when I remove pants or rest it on my leg, it feels like it goes out of place and then pops back in which is VERY painful. It has intense pressure which is causing pain and is still fairly swollen and bruised. I looked at my X-rays and found what could be a hairline fracture. Its only a small picture but could anyone confirm or deny? thanks. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Greetings Lily, I would suggest you to go for second opinion to another hospital if the pain persists and you are unable to walk properly. Speedy recovery to you.
  • Posted

I also have the same suggestion. You need to get a second opinion elsewhere; the sooner the better. Good luck.
  • Posted

I say for you to indeed go get a second opinion... Going to be harder to fix if you are walking on broken part... If not maybe they will talk to you about braces, boots, something to help while you heal. As always, even if just a bad sprain you need to elevate it (higher than your heart); rest it as uch as possible, and ice it down, put on some compression of some nature... i.e. the brace or boot or just a firmly wrapped ACE bandage.  I wouldn't waste any more time. You are not in the much pain for no reason. All this said by the woman that waited 24 hrs before going to see anyone... But I did stay off of it.  Good Luck, let us know.

• Posted

Hi Lily pls consult doctor asap to relieve yourself from pain

I want to share one info that occured during my swelling of ankle PT gave me ice pack to reduce my swelling. I did so and swelling reduced on and off after seeing my doctor I realised that ice pack made my tendons even sore and was told to stop applying it on my ankle instead was told to elevate my ankle higher while I am lying down. That way it will reduce swelling. I did so and I can see better result. I hope you go for your second opinion soon and get this solved. Rest well don't strain your legs too much.

• Posted

Hi

You  need to go back for another opinion - insist that you are unable to walk on it and have an MRI for a closer look. Keep insisting as hospitals and docs super busy and if at first glance doesn't seem serious they send you home. 

• Posted

Lily: i would go see orthopedic doctor. Call one and ask them if you need referral or if you can just set up appointment. They  will take care of you they specialize in that kind of stuff. They can tell you it could be  stress fracture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.