My scabies not going away..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have scabies since last summer, I didn't know it was scabies and thought it was bed bugs, anyways I went to the hospital and they told me its scabies and gave me a prescription for benzyl benzoate, that was last winter, Ive applied so much of the cream since then and most of the rash went away but it doesnt go away completely, whenever I stop applying the cream after a few weeks I get new spots and start to itch again.. since Ive started treatment Ive applied two and a half liters of the cream which is too much, I constantly washed my clothes in hot water and everything but I cant get rid of it.. Im not sure if I keep getting reinfected from blankets or clothes or something or if the cream just isn't that effective in the first place. Thats the only medicine for scabies where I live so I cant try another medicine.. it just doesnt make sense to me that I'm not cured yet.. the instructions on the medicine even say apply once or just a few times.

I'm not sure where the fault is, how long exactly do I have to wait before wearing clothes again after applying the cream? I usually wait around 10 mins, the cream have dried off by that point but the skin stays oily for a long time. Should I wait more or something.. Ive read that salt worked for some so im gonna try to scrub sea salt on myself tomorrow.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That stuff the hospital gave you may get rid of your bugs but it's not taking care of the eggs they leave behind. After doing a treatment, you have to reapply 2 weeks later. My Dr prescribed Premetherin ( I think I spelled it right!) I rubbed that stuff from head to toe, left it on for 13 hours and washed it off. Then 2 weeks later, I did the same thing again. It worked, after fighting those things for nearly 2 years!! Try that stuff, it worked for me.

• Posted

How did you fight it before using permethrin? Im getting permethrin from another country and it should arrive soon so ill try that.

• Posted

as soon as it dries its ok to put clothes on. but you leave it on 24 hours and rinse correct? wash abd dry blankets and sheets pillow ect then every am ( forever!) i personslly throw my pillow, blanket in tge dryer for 30 min. i change my sheet daily.

i spray bleach water on everything doesnt have to be real strong i use also alcohol in a spray bottle ( the green alcohol) it kills scabies and you can also spray it on you it makes skin soft. you can order ivermectin paste online . its cheap and you take it orally and thst with the benzoate and be sure to treat house and pets and anything you touch you must spray

) your vehicle? keep your phone, computer, keyboard all these things must be sanitized daily. several tines daily

tea tree oil will kill scabies but not eggs you can order onlinr and mix with your shampoo and body wash add it to a lotion and apply daily

dont forget your face!! neck and ears

• Posted

Yes I keep it for 24 hours then do it again next morning. I don't cover my face or scalp though but I'll do that now.

• Posted

i know they say scabies cant get in the face and scalp but they do.. to treat scalp first i used permethrin liquid (spray poison for mites and bugs) its strong so yiu add just a little to your shampoo now to keep them awsy i add tea tree oil. these mites ruined me forever. i was misdiagnosed for 20 yesrs!!!!

i am happy to say i no longer itch no more rash.... drs just couldnt figure out why i was breakibg out in awful itchy rash! so id been on hi steroids fir 20 yesrs which masked all symptons but anyway im now judt freaked out still. IT TOOK 2 years to rid them all and sometines i medicate just to b safe

• Posted

I wanted to put the cream on my hair and face but its kinda disgusting and it burns on the face.. I was itchy around my left eyebrow though for a while, thought it was something unrelated but yesterday I put some of the cream on it and the itch has disappeared completely, which is so weird.. I guess I do have mites on my face and scalp, I've had itchy scalp at times but I thought it was dandruff or something, it wasn't too severe like the rest of the rash.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.