My second Hydrocele Operation

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Guys

I have had to have a second hydrocele operation in two months.

My hydrocele was not huge but I went and saw the urologist who made the operation sound like changing a light globe because it was not one that really had to operated on. one testicle was about 50% bigger than the other.

I had my first operation and my testicle at least doubled in size to that of a small lemon. So at 4 weeks post op I am thinking he'll say it will take 6 months for the swelling to go down. I dropped my pants and he said, its come back. Hang on, I had an egg and now I have a lemon, that is not come back. However the stitching was so good after 4 weeks there was no scar.

I go back in and I got operated on and come out with a drain to allow fluid to drain and not build up.

Today is weeks two weeks later. My testicle size is 50% the size of the other one. Will that reduce, I don't know. Yeh, I hear you saying wasn't your testicle only 50% bigger to start with.

My good testicle floats around. The testicle operated on is not fixed up into the top right hand part of where my scrotum meets my groin. it feels like a 15mm cable is attached to my testicle. 2/3s of the surface of the testicle now has scrotum skin fused to it.

And if you look at a pasty, that part where the pastry is crimped together, I have a raised crimped area of scrotum skin about 35mm long across the outside of my scrotum.

Pain, I have a small amount of scrotum pain, but have occasional shooting pain from the testicle to my ankle.

but pain out of 10 overall is 2.

Hey, maybe it will all settle down in the coming months. But if I had my choice again, I would not have had the operation. Unless it is giving you problems, do get an operation.

Maybe try the self draining and if that lasts 2-3 months, treat it like having a hair cut something you just have to do occasionally.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.