My sex drive is zero..so not like me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

No desire for sex at all and that's not like me.  Anyone experiencing the same problem?  If so, what are my options..preferably natural remedy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See a Dr to find out why if it's an issue for you

• Posted

Once the hypothyroidism is gone amuck, you get pretty much total endocrine system decline, and very rapidly. With untreated hypothyroidism, the body's metabolism drops to minimum function, the body is shutting down less necessary functions to try and maintain basic life. You have to get the thyroid right first. Then you have to backpedal and treat the adrenal exhaustion. There are some natural things you can try, but you have to deal with the whole endocrine system. Please don't try all those silly aphrodisiacs.

• Posted

Hello Madski:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA. I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease since 1987.

Our  thyroid  works with many body systems. It works with our brain, and heart, and adrenal glands, and our ovaries, and body core temp, and so many body systems.

You will feel many bad symptoms if the T3 is low.  Sleepy, exhausted feelings, depressed feelings, low temp and no periods, and low sex drive.

Since our ability to have periods can be effected so can our ability to have the urge to have sex.  Brain chemicals like seritonin can drop as we age and it can be effected by low thyroid hormones.

So ask your MD to check your T3, T4, Seritionin level and if you wish you can see a naturopath who can help recommend natural foods and herbs that can help ake you feel better.

I hope this helps,

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.