My shoulder has been frozen for 6 months. How much longer?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My shoulder froze in April. It's October now, and my ROM is exactly the same as in April. The main change is that I have almost zero pain at this point, as long as I stay within my ROM. I can even sleep fine on my frozen shoulder.

I tried physio for a few months, but it didn't help. Right after every visit, I could move my shoulder a bit more. But very quickly, within a day or so, my ROM always gets back to where it used to be before the treatment. So for now I stopped doing any physio for it. Well, I still do my daily stretches and ROM exercises, but I guess they are just there to make sure it doesn't get even worse.

After 6 months of frozen shoulder, I noticed my muscles on my arm started becoming smaller and weaker. Especially deltoid muscle. Triceps and biceps, I try to exercise as much as possible, and my ROM allows me to exercise them well. But the deltoid is definitely a bigger problem, since the moves needed to use this muscle are mostly blocked by my frozen shoulder.

So how much longer do I have to wait? Will it ever start unfreezing? I have to say this condition makes me very depressed. It is also causing me to have more sedentary lifestyle, which is now affecting other parts of my body (especially causing sore back and neck, that lead to frequent headaches).

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi ala

seems you have moved to the frozen stage 2 part where the pain stops and the shoulder is locked up still a long way to go.

i tried lots of different toys and gadgets but they just temp stop the issue.

but i would advocate hydro dialation its a high volume injection into the joint. you can feel the scar tissue tearing off the joint ( thats what is stopping you move at the moment ) . the whole scheme of things it does not hurt.

i have had both shoulders done and just recovering from subacromial decompression surgery as well. surgeon want to do a second mass injection into the first shoulder and i would have it done in a blink of an eye.

google it and see the videos. its instant.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.