My shoulder is has a weird movement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had this for a long time, as far back as I can remember and I am 17. When I roll my shoulders back into a certain angle almost as if I am reaching out with my arms to my side, both shoulders seem to pop or "jam" in the socket. They dont really jam but they feel as though the joint has shifted slightly, and I am able to crack my shoulders quite loud and and in almost a "dislocation" sort of style. I have never seen anyone else with this and Im not really sure what it is.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

edit : there is no pain at all in my shoulders, which adds to the confusion

• Posted

Have you ever had it xrayed? It sounds like what I had only at times it would dislocate. I don't know if you have ever had it dislocated? Basically the top of my humorous has worn away meaning that when the arm gets in a certain position it will click and almost lever itself out of the socket if I don't move it back in.

I had an operation called the latarjet in October 18 and I've had no other issues. I'm still way off full mobility and strength in it but it's massively better than it was

• Posted

Have you ever had it xrayed? It sounds like what I had only at times it would dislocate. I don't know if you have ever had it dislocated? Basically the top of my humorous has worn away meaning that when the arm gets in a certain position it will click and almost lever itself out of the socket if I don't move it back in.

I had an operation called the latarjet in October 18 and I've had no other issues. I'm still way off full mobility and strength in it but it's massively better than it was

• Posted

• Posted

I have never had it dislocated nope, it is hard to explain because it is not really a sort of dislocation movement, its just as though my shoulder pops into a funny position when at a certain angle and it can then crack out of this position back into normal and my whole arm jolts because of this. I have never had it xrayed that might be a good suggestion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.