My sight is good but I suffer while reading or watching a screen, what shud I do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

my eyes hurt and sometimes comes with a headache if I spend much time reading or watching a screen to a point that I can't see the written or the screen and I tried glasses but it doesn't work. Please I need a help. Thanks.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's the headache... dry eye doesn't normally come with a headache.

Could it be you've simply got the wrong prescription on your glasses?

You probably need nothing more than special glasses for computer work.

But you can test the dry eye thing by buying some eye drops, using them often and remembering to move your eyes around and away from the screen/book as often as possible and to blink often.

Blink all the time.

If things are better after a dose of blinking and eye drops, you've found your solution!

• Posted

Thank you guys really appreciate.
  • Posted

I have the same problem, the eye dr told me I have very dry eyes as well since I get clear stringy things in my eyes all the time, he said it probably is related to my allergies, which are horrible. I also have trouble when I read, it's exhausting almost, I actually stopped reading most things which sucked cause I love to read, but after a trip to the eye dr and him telling me I needed a prism in my lenses, i was fixed... at least when I wore glasses. He explained it to me like this... your eyes cant focus on words, its almost like seeing double but its only on words, cause people and things werw fine, just words were the problem. Back when I got mine abut a decade ago, I didn't have the option of wearing contacts because they couldn't put a prism in contacts, and since I don't mind glasses, I haven't inquired on possibly wearing contacts. Hope this helps, at the least, it's somewhere to start, sometimes, like my dr told me, you don't notice certain symptoms unless they are pointed out to you.
    • Posted

Melinda, is it just words or very small things?

I found I coldnlt do any small work like sewing or fixing small things that required my eyes to focus on one spot, which words do. Blinking and drops and moving eyes around helped.

Difficult to remember to keep blinking when you're reading a good book, though!

• Posted

I have had the same issue for 7 years. Can't figure out why. I had to quit working at my job because of it. I get pain behind my eyes altely for some reson when I read. Also reading nubers is worse tahn words for me but both cause my eys to hurt. I as well have noticed awhile ago that loking closly at something especially if I don't have my contacts in, causes pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.