My sister in law has cauda equina and it keeps flaring up is there anything I can do to help her

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm acting on my sister in law who has cauda equina and it keeps flaring up and just wanted to see if there is anything I can do to help her or if there's anything she can do to help herselfwith the flare ups. Please can someone help us. Xxxx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm having the same problems also I'm having bilateral leg pain knees giving way and feet swelling not to mention lower back pain I rang hospital and spoke to secretary of my surgeon got hospital appointment tomorrow I would advise your sister in law to do the same I don't think gp's know enough about condition to help neuro department best place for treatment I'm hoping they don't find anything on my scan tomorrow wish you luck and hope all is better soon x

• Posted

To Zara: Just read your reply to Shez which crossed with my reply to you. Make the most of your appointment. It’s very hard just to attend, when you’re suffering badly.

J

• Posted

Hi, I replied also to Zara. Sympathise very much with your sister in law’s situation. I need 1-2 pages of history to be of any real help: am a healthcare professional and also suffered the problem. Sequence of events and symptoms and scan findings and date of op in particular is the framework for a history. Send privately to protect confidentiality. Sometimes I also make general comments in open forum. I wish you and SIL well.

J

• Posted

HI Shez go to A and E I wish I had as was told it would of been sorted asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.