my son has a squint eye he is 27 yrs of age and is now suffering depression doesnot want to interact

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is suffering from depression due to a squint eye no work no friends as due to being bullied throughout school has no confidence due to this.  I am trying to get this fixxed for him but looking for recommendations as to a good surgeon a in scotland

Can anyone help?????

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joan, there is a support group, based in Scotland, for patients with uveitis.  I used to be a member when it covered the UK but the NHS is different in Scotland and indeed, in Wales, where I live, so the group decided to concentrate on Scotland.  The contact details are in the following link.  https://www.uveitis.net/uig/index.php

I would contact them, you will find them very supportive and helpful.  

Good luck Joan and I hope your son is seen very soon, it must be a very worrying time for you.

• Posted

Have you contacted the RNIB?  They would also be able to help you, they don't only deal with blind people
    • Posted

Ye its very worrying I'm stressed to the max.  Thank you for your time, I will try both and see if they can give me any help.  

Thanks again 

Joan

• Posted

Im also 20yro He's no different than me even i don't go out r talk with friends 😞
    • Posted

Hi I am sorry to hear that, as I know how unhappy this can be for you as I see it with my son. I will give you my email address, ____  If you are close by it would be good for the both of you to meet up, sometimes, somenone in the same situation can help each other through even if it is just to chat on the other end of a phone.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Or you can add me on facebook my facebook name is Chandu P it has fighterjet pic with orange white and green smoke smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.