my son has started taking sertraline and is finding it hard to sleep but is also constantly tired.

Posted , 5 users are following.

advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi you can ask your doctor to give him some sleeping aid like mines Amitrityline or you can get over the counter Nytol. Best of luck
  • Posted

Hi, this was happening to me the first few weeks of my start up on zoloft. I wanted to do nothing but lay in bed for 2 weeks. But I was also having horrible side effects, headaches, dizziness which contributed to me just wanting to lay down. It was hard for me to sleep at night. Its all side effects of the medication. Once it settles into his system he will feel much better. I do not suggest asking for sleeping pills only because I personally do not like them. If you dont get enough sleep on them you feel very groggy when you wake up. And you feel very foggy almost like youre high.
    • Posted

Hi just to clarify my sleeping aid are not addictive. I used mine on the beginning till I could fall asleep naturally. xxx
    • Posted

Yes. My husband and my physiatrist said that it was perfectly fine to take otc Melatonin tablets. We buy the 5mg, and you start with one and go up if you need. They just help you to fall asleep. They have them in gummy form too for kids.
  • Posted

I would talk to his doctor. the best thing I did was to go to a psychiatrist. he got me on track faster than a family doctor. the medicine is just trying to work. anxiety can make you feel wired and make you feel tired all at the same time. It's exhausting!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.