My Son has very severe eczema

Posted , 8 users are following.

I don't know what I can Do for him we've tried everything and it's just killing me knowing I can't help him

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

he is four months old by the way
  • Posted

Hi

i would suggest at this age a mild form of steroid cream, the doctor would prescribe, but keep him cool, plenty to drink. No additives in his bath, plenty of moisturising. A mild detergent for his washing. Good luck 

• Posted

My grandson, who is now 10 had bad eczema when he was a baby.  His mother tried all sorts of creams but then someone suggested she tried giving him soya milk instead of cow's milk, it cleared up and he hasn't had it since.  It's worth a try as cow's milk is quite well known to cause problems.
  • Posted

Hi there 

I used to have goats milk as a child whick was better that normal milk, might be worth a try. 

Im 35 n ive had severe eczema my whole life n would never have been able to do half the things I did without the love n dedication from my mother as a baby all the way up to my teens. Must be hard watching your wee one but you'll get there smile 

• Posted

Hi there, so sorry to hear about your son. So awful when you feel like there is nothing you can do. Have you heard of Purepotions? Sorted my son's eczema out really well, wouldn't be without it now. My GP prescribes it for him, which wasn't easy to achieve but he did eventually. Also cutting out dairy. Not sure if you are breastfeeding but if you are, try cutting out dairy from your diet, if you are formula feeding, try Nanny formula milk - it is goats milk rather than cows. Really helped my son when he was a baby. Also, try changing washing powder to something more natural, Ecover is a good one or Lidl own brand (which is weird, but my son is ok with that one!)

Really hope you find some relief soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.