MY son has vitiligo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i my son is 3 years old and 3 months ago i notice some white paths on his foot and back, since there i took him to see doctor 4 times and always they said is fungus, as the cream that they gave was not working i went to dermatologist and he said is vitiligo-. He gave a cream to pass (protopic).Im so a bit sad, to be honest,dont know what really do. My question is : is anyone there using this cream? Is helping ? Thank you in advance .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marise,

My son is 4 years old and was diagnosed by vitiligo 3 months ago. He got white patches on his face. We are using the Protopic cream (0.1% strength) on him and seeing slow results and some improvement. The doctor has suggested we use it for at least 6 months and then visit again. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yeah we Went yesterday and back to the doctor in November . After you started use the cream , have you notice any more patches ? . X
    • Posted

As explained by the doctor, the cream will not prevent more patches from coming, but only helps in getting the pigment back on the existing patches. 
    • Posted

Thank you . Hope he is ok . And let's hope not comes anymore . God bless u all

• Posted

hello,

My daughter is 8 years also has vitiligo on her upper eye, our dermatologist gave us protopic 0.03, and Zimplex syrup that she drinks everyday. we started applying on the area in june 2016. one thing which i noticed is that my daughter was not eating properly that in itself triggered the disease. therefore we have resorted to force her to eat health and food that are good for skin such as carrots, cucumber, lettuce and spinach. this year i wanted to remove her from her swimming classes but then i told myself that she can just continue,cos swimming cannot let the disease spread. Also what i am suggesting is the use of Aloe-vera. the protopic we only apply at night but during the day i apply aloe- vera gel which i extract from the leaf and i did blend it and stored in the fridge. i have noticed spots of her skin color imaging then they are growing to cover the area. one thing which  you must stay with is that you must have a tissue oil which you can apply on, you must rub,  what ever you are applying so that it gets into the skin until its absorbed. Also in each month you must take pictures so that what ever improvents which comes you will be able to see. i wish i would foward you pictures which i have taken and improvements so far.

• Posted

Hi, thank you so much for you reply . I'm giving my son all this health food. And I using aloe Vera cream . Hope it stop . Good idea take pics to compare later . Hope ours kids gets better soon . I'm reading and searching for everything that makes it better . All the best .Junia

• Posted

yes i also hope our kids will get better. What i have seen is that it needs patience as treatments might take longer and longer. Dont loose hope of giving up. It might even take months and months. Have hope. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.