My son is hyperactive and is frequently urinating every 5 mins. What should we do? How can we stop?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my son deepak aged13 years is diagnosed with Hyperactivity and adhd, keeps urinating every 5 mins in the whole day until he goes to sleep in the night. he keeps on wetting his pants and bed. medicines which we are giving him are 1) risperidon ie, sizodon 1 mg in morning n 1 mg in night. 2) quitipine 25 mcg - 2 tablets at night.

for unination problem we did several tests suggested by doctors in pune, tirupathi and Bengaluru but problem still persists even after taking medicines advised or prescribed by doctors. all his reprts are normal. we also tried urimax 0.4 but still same issue. we have to put him on diapers during the night when he goes to sleep so that he doesn't wet bed. this issue gas been happening since more than 6 months. please suggest remedy or any medicine to permanently get rid of this frequent urination problem.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi prashant

Has your son seen a urologist and had a cystoscopy test he may have a weak bladder. Also, check the Information Leaflets that come with his medication and see if frequent urination is a side effect. Does your son drink a lot of liquids? He has to keep hydrated obviously, so if he drinks too much just cut it down a little....

• Posted

hi mary,

we have seen a urologist but i think cystoscopy test has not been done. doctor suggested that since he is hyper, he might have an hyper bladder as all his blood reports were normal. because of the lockdown we are unable to go out. so, meanwhile if you have some suggestions regarding homely remedy or medication or diet please let me know.

• Posted

Hi prashant

The only thing you could possibly do is to not let yr son drink before bedtime. He has to have a certain amount if liquid to keep hydrated, but try and cut it down a little if he consumes a lot if liquids. Like all of us you will have to wait until the pandemic has subsided and you can arrange for your son to have a cystoscopy. The other thing that springs to mind is diabetes involves frequent urination, has he been tested for diabetes? and have you checked his Medication Information Leaflets for urinary side effects?

• Posted

Does he go to school? If he has to go to the bathroom every five minutes or he has an odor will the school not not make recommendations?

• Edited

yah, he goes to school. School has suggested to look for ayurvedic treatment as allopathic medicine might cause side effects in the long run. once the lockdown opens we will plan to go and see the doctor. thanks.

• Edited

My daughter has the same thing. She has been taken off all gluten and dairy products. She urinated probably every few minutes for 6 months and it was life altering. So I've been there and it's very stressful. We went to urologist too and everything came out fine. Id rule out everything it could be but if they cant find anything then it could just be inflammation. We bought fish oils for her thinking it may be the inflammation from her bowels pressing on her bladder and we were right ...the peeing stopped in about a week. Fish oils are really good for inflammation. She also has IBS and is very hyper too. Hope this helps him.

• Posted

thanks for the information. we used to give omega 3 tonic earlier some 2 years back. we will start it again probably omega 3 capsules. will try this. thanks a lot.

• Edited

Your welcome. We bought the 100% wild Alaskan fish oil with mint oil at Target..it was the Target brand. Prayers that this works!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.