My spouse is in a nursing home.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I live at home now, and  have to manage finances, bills, health payments of everything by my self. There are no children to help.   And my husband is not in a nursing home near by. I don't drive, and must get rides to visit him.  But, we talk every day by phone. And, I visit once a week and bring him food. He hates to food there. Anyway thank you for accepting me.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear this.  It is very sad when couples are split up.  Can you get help with finances/advice from Social Services (if you live in the UK).  What about friends, local church groups etc. I do hope that you have someone who you can talk to or someone to help you.  Look after yourself.

• Posted

I live in the USA.  But, I eventually got some financial help from the government.  Its called  "Medical". But, my friends and family in laws have been the biggest help. But, the fears and loneliness after 43 years together and having to decide everything my self.  And then all my mistakes, cause bouts of more anxiety.  But, I and Wally will get through this.  As hard as it is for me, what he is going through is even worse. He was told that he will never get out of that bed and walk barring a miracle. This is my story. I am still in the anxiety/scared stage right now.... 

• Posted

Oh dear!  I suppose there is nothing that anyone can say at the moment to make you feel better and probably the last thing that you want to hear people say is 'to keep strong'.  Nobody can understand what you are going through unless they have been through it themselves.  I saw my father struggle when mum went into a nursing home and they had been married for 66 years.  

All I can say is that you need to look after yourself and accept any help on offer.  I hope that one day you will find peace.  It must be very scary for you and you must feel very alone.  Take care.

• Posted

You are sweet.... My problem, when I get fearful, is that I don't have just quite enough money to cover everything as before. But, At least I am not on the street .   I appreciate your listening.  I needed this.  Thank you.

• Posted

You are welcome.  

Thinking of you.

Take care of yourself.

• Posted

How do you correct spelling here?  The word should be Medi-Cal.

• Posted

Hi Autumnm,

so sorry to hear that your husband is in a nursing home. I'm so glad you've managed to get help but please don't be by yourself if ever you feel the need  to talk to someone or need help with anything please don't hesitate to speak with me.

I help a lot of people in your situation in my community helping them how to seek help and deals with bills etc

I'm in UK and help a lot of people in your situation in my community. I see that you are in US but I'll glad help the best I can. 

• Posted

So sorry to hear that, but I think choose a best nearby nursing home is the best choice for your home.nobody can understand only yourself,Take good care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.