My stomach ulcer causing severe dizziness for weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed of stomach ulcer for several years now, initially, i felt terrible, after several medication i started getting back to my normal self. The ulcer came back this time around and hit me hard. After coming back from work. started feeling unnecessary dizziness, and nearly collapsed, i managed to take anatcid and i was relieved but still dizzy. From that very day i have been feeling awful, i couldn't go to work anymore, even to leave house, the Stomach pains reveals in the upper abdomen. Whenever i feel a bit hunger pang, i feel light-headed and dizzy. I had a full blood count test to check my hemoglobin level, but all was good and nothing was found. I have been on medication PPI Nexium, but it is not helping. I cannot do anything without getting severe dizziness. Even to walk a few distance is a big problem.

Am just having some anemia symptoms, as a result of this ulcer. It is really worrisome to me as i have not leave my house for a month and 1 week now. I didn't experience any kind of vomiting or black stool, so am wondering why this terrible symptoms. So far the Physician have pointed out all these to the stomach Ulcer. Am want to know who had thwae experience and how they overcome it. It will be very helpful.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Refractory peptic ulcers are defined as ulcers that do not heal completely after 8 to 12 weeks of standard anti-secretory drug treatment. The most common causes of refractory ulcers are persistent Helicobacter pylori infection and use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Simultaneous use of two or more H

• Posted

I think what you eat can have an impact on brain functions in good ways and in bad ways. I do not believe ulcers can cause headaches and dizziness. I do believe digestive system problems can cause dizziness. Particularly, because of what your are eating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.