My story ❤️✨

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am aged 19 years old and have been finally diagnosised with Fibromyalgia.. it's took 3 years to diagnose. So many people tell me I'm far too young & I've got the wrong diagnosis. It first started one evening when I was 16 after school, I was in absolute agony. I was so restless, but yet in so much pain. Things gradually started to get worse, I was sleeping all day, all night and just couldn't bring myself to do anything. I was doing my exams, I would go from 100 to 0 in seconds, I was falling asleep, couldn't participate in PE due to being so tired and in pain. I was bullied a lot in my younger years and  I got dianoised with depression and anxiety and that was that. These past years have been rubbish, my memory was/is shocking, my sleeping was highly affected and would go from one extreme to another, my legs would be so restless, but yet, so painful.  I have really bad bladder problems  many many times, when I am least expecting it. On my 18th birthday on a night out I was wearing a adult nappy and I was home by 1am. I gradually got worse, I was out of work for 8 months, I just couldn't do anything and nobody understood what was going on. I haven't spoke to anybody who has Fibromyalgia.. I feel so trapped and whether Ive got the wrong diagnosis. I have started eating more healthy and try to go for walks? How are you meant to walk when you're in absolute agony...?!? I am now currently laid in bed, it's 00;48 and my whole body is in pain. I've recently been experiencing pain in my groin area.. has anybody else experienced this? Is it normal? I have really bad flare ups, and I know when I am going to suffer BAD. I sleep all day and all night and a day later I'm in agony! I am only 19 and most people who have it is older than me. Please any comments would be appreciated xx 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie.

What your experiencing is just hiw I feel most of the time. The pain in the groin area is so horrific I can't explain what it feels like. Now you have a diagnosis have the doctors not given you anything to help with the pain. I do believe there are many different medications different GP/ Consultants prescribe what they ferl may help you. If you haven't been given anything. See your GP tell them your unhappy and need pain relief. Also ask if you can be referred to psychological wellbeing team. This is talking therapy for many people suffering with anxiety/ depression. They are truly great and can help so much. Just don't suffer in silence. You need to see your medical team. Good luck. XxX

• Posted

I am looking into tablets and I'm currently working 6 days a week and is highly highly affecting me and I'm nearly falling asleep at any point of the day and absolute agony! I can't cut down my hours as it's my career on the line and I don't want to loose or jepodise it... I am very ambitious and my family tell me to rest up but i just can't as there's nothing more I want than to excel in my career. 😩 It's so tough. Thank you so much for your kind words and confirming the groin pain... I am currently having online talks with a therapist as I have no time to go and see one. Thank you again, it's highly highly comforting and appreciated ???????? 

• Posted

Hi, your not too young, my friends daughter has just been diagnosed with Fybro she is 9 sad

• Posted

Hi Mary. Your right you can get this at any age. Just depends how peoples doctors listen to them. And how soon they are diagnosed. Seems poor Katie has has a rough deal so far. Hope your friends little girl is ok bless her. Very young I know. But at least they have a diagnosis and know what their dealing with.
    • Posted

Oh Mary... 

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope she is okay, so so so young. Bless her heart. 

This website is so helpful and highly recommend to your friend to look through if she has any concerns. Some doctors just wing it, as there is no 'proper' treatment. 

Sending all my love to her 

Xxxxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear that your in such a bad & painful place.

I have had Fibromyalgia for 6 years(I think I was about 24 when I was diagnosed). Slot of what you are feeling is similar to what I've felt.

Have you tried talking to a counselor, it will help. You could also look for a local support group, try looking on , they are a charity and may be able to help.

Sending gentle hugs ??

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi katie, 

I know what your going through, I've just turned 19 and only just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I have two other conditions on top of this - hypermobility, and hemiplegic migraine. I know how frustrating it can be at times, I always find at night my condition flares up, because of this I struggle to get off to sleep or sometimes sleep for 12+ hours. I havent recieved any help for fibromyalgia, so im stuck on what helps with the condition. I find the smallest of things for example a light scratch across any part of my body is agonising pain. Fibromyalgia and my other conditions have taken over my life, I can hardly do anything because of the extreme fatigue i get, therefore I am following a pacing method which should help with fatigue, I'm finding it hard to stick to because you can hardly do anything!.. it's unfair on anyone who develops this condition, but i sympathise with you because we both are only 19. I hope you manage to find some things in the future what help, keep me posted with how you get on. x 

Many thanks, 

Sunny Sky X smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.