My story

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it all started five years ago my gran had a serious illness she was I'll for a long time and passed away after a long horrible battle with her illness then just a month later my cousin had a heart attack I gave him CPR he sadly passed away 1 week later in hospital 3 weeks after this my other cousin passed away suddenly then a few months later my dad had a heart attack thank fully he survived I then went on to have a baby with my partner I don't think I ever grieved as so much happned at once 1 year on I have a beautiful family and a new house my partner had post natal depression obviously no fault of her own I had to take on all the responsibility in the house and with work it eventually broke us up I moved in to a bnb and eventually got my own place that costs me a fortune so I now have a lot of money issues I think the thing Thts most got to me is the transition from seeing my daughter every day to now 2-3 night a week I can't complain really as I can go see her wen I like have no issues with ex partner I'm now in a new relationship and I know I'm with the right person for me 100% although my anxiety is at it's worst it's ever been I have constant symptoms I have and itch in my chest almost feels like I have an itchy heart it drives me crazy I always have pain in my rib and I get really dizzy medication is doing nothing for me and I have decided I'm going to go down the road of talking to someone about past issues as iv now realised that this caused it I think I just blocked it all out any help would be appreciated

Sorry for bad spelling punctuation lol

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Iain, You have been through a lot lately and no wonder you feel like you do. Anxiety can cause a range of symptoms both mental and physical. I think you would benefit from counselling, which is non judgemental and confidential. You have a lot you have held in and need to express your feelings. Go back to your GP and ask about a review of your medication, there are lots of different ones to try and they can take a few weeks before seeing the benefit. What drugs are you o at the moment. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth thanks for your reply iv been on propanalol for 4 months they make me dizzy and I don't feel they help that much over the past few years iv been on and off other ones but I feel now I really just need to talk to someone about it all as I feel I need to to deal with things now in order to get better as I feel the tablets are just helping me cope with an underlying issue not rather than dealing with it if that makes sense
    • Posted

Hi Iain, Drugs are not for everyone. Yes your right Counselling is the best way forward to deal with your pent up feelings. It will be a burden unleashed. You have the right attitude and know what you need so go for it. I have had Counselling years ago and found it to be a great release. Talking to someone not emotionally involved is easier than with someone you know.

Best of luck and anytime you need the forum we are here.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thanks very much Elizabeth I'm glad I found this it's nice to know your not alone and other people are dealing with same problems

All the best

• Posted

Hi Iain, 

I think you are right. I think (with no medical background) that you have bottled up so much over the past year that it is now spilling out. 

I would definitely recommend seeking some counselling. It can be wierd talking to a stranger to start with, but just tell yourself that they are getting paid to listen and help you. 

I felt slightly uncomfortable when I first went as they wanted to go right back to my birth (which seemed a bit strange to me), but it did actually really help. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you I really think it would help me as I think I need to grieve for the people I lost instead iv just blocked it out
    • Posted

Definitely. Grief needs an outlet. You may be a guy, but remember it is still ok (in fact good and healthy) to cry. 

Sometimes a good heartfelt, shoulder shaking cry can work wonders. (I am not making light - one cry is not going to fix everything in your case, but it is a start and you may find that once you've opened that gate, things get easier, or you at least get to release some of that pent up emotion). 

Don't be alarmed if you find yourself a more emotional person after all of this either - I never used to cry before I went through anxiety / depression and sought counselling. But I learnt that that was because I had been bottling it up inside.

Now that I have a cry when I need to, I do find it easier to release that tension I used to feel.

• Posted

Yeah I reckon I of I think about all the things and I well up but nothing really comes out i think it's just what I do I stop myself each time I do that I prob add to my anxiety my daughters 4. now and when she was 2 she said daddy your my best friend I love I remember welling up then I burst out crying couldn't hold it in lol had to leave the room think Thts last time I can remember that was set off by happy tears it's funny how your mind works and what gets to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.