My story

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my first post as a result of anxiety. Where to start? Well I have always suffered mild anxiety through early childhood and teens. But you think you grow out of it. I am now a 27 year old Sport science university student and Personal Trainer as my occupation and experience intense anxiety almost every day and it can last a while. Anxiety affects us all no matter what age, creed or background. With the slightest niggle in my chest (heart attack or other heart defect/disease to pressure or a hot/cold feeling on my head, cant focus, blurred vision, cant focus, impending doom, flashing lights (tumour/bleed/clot etc) which both make me think I'm going to die. Anxiety is something a lot worse than death because its the intense fear of death without the release. Sometimes I feel as if I cant control it. Theres a lot of sources of information on the internet (ted talks being one of them) between anxiety and spiritual awakening which I have been listening to lately, reading meditation books and eckart tolle etc). It just helps to know that there is a lot of people out there that suffer exactly the same symptoms as me. Its quite a relief to think we are all in this together. Its horrible thinking that theres no help out there and that im going to have this forever, even after death, i worry about what comes after death which all adds to the no escape feeling I get. I often take trips to the doctors thinking that they have missed something. Nothing. I too think about getting brain scans. But blood tests rule out a lot of things. I get this feeling as though I am disoriented and have little control over my body, as if I am going in slow motion and my body is taking longer to react to my commands. I have an intense fear of passing out. This of course induces even more intense panic. I think about taken medication but that isnt an option for me. My diet is very good with all essential vitamins and minerals accounted for. You think WHY, WHY ME? But its not all negative. Lots of books I read state that anxiety is a form of suffering which will better us in the long run. On the ted talks, theres talks about people all over the world who experience exactly what many of us experience on here, these people often feel very ill, dizzy, incredibly anxious and as a result with the right guidance from a shaman possess very unique abilities. So erm im considering going to visit one of these Shamans as silly as that may seem to me initially, I would do anything in this state. You are not alone is what I have come to realise. Spread your story on here and experiences and help others. Keep me updated on what new symptom or disease you have because Im sure youll find someone who exhibits the same symptoms on here.

Take Care

Tom

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hey man,

if you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

This forum is great for people who need anxiety support. You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Will be sure to heed your advice smile
    • Posted

Taking each day as it comes, thank you. Yourself?
    • Posted

dealing with it i guess, every day is hard but this is the struggle we deal with. 

If you ever need to talk, post on here or send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

You say you go to a university.  Have you considered talking to a counselor there?
    • Posted

Counselling off an on. Used the university counsellors before. Thinking about using them again. how you keeping? Thank you
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. And I don't think that anyone could explain the anxiety battle as you did. I I am also suffering from anxiety and intense fear Like you do from childhood and all the feelings and the symptomps that you experience I have them all too. Fear of death, specially sudden death scares me a lot. I have health phobia as well. I ran to doctors for everything. Maybe it's beacuse of my dad death. He died suddenly that shocked me to this day. And I have many what ifs questions when it comes to my health. When I feel something wrong with my body automatically I think about what if I have this or that disease which addes to my anxiety. I also what my diet and I eat very healthy and mostly organic. I also do yours, meditation and breathing exercise. But none could help me to over come the anxiety completely. Yes like you said its everyday none stop battle with your own mind and thoughts. I've always asked God why? Why me? I wish I could know why. You metioned showman. Tell me more about it. if you get the answers why we should suffer or what's the reason behind it tell me as well. I gave up going to doctors and therapists beacuse the only thing they know it's to say it's inherited and here it's Xanax to take for rest of your life. I don't understand how they can treat the mind when they can not see or understand it. I was thinking to find someone that can do hypnotism to go back in the time even before my birh that can fix the problem or find out what went wrong or caused it. I've heard a lot about this method. But I could not find anyone that can do this in my area.

• Posted

Yes I totally agree. You seem to have the right mentality. Keep up the good work
    • Posted

You metioned you are looking to find a showman. If you do let me know about it. if you get the answers why we should suffer or what's the reason behind it tell me as well.

Thank you

• Posted

That's in the pipe line. Working in it. For the moment I'm just reading self help books and documentaries like Ted talks and anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.