My Story

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had what I'll call HBI (Horrible Butt Itch) for at least 20 years. At least. It was horrible and it affected my life. I often couldn't go to sleep, I would constantly have to scrub my nails in the morning for obvious reasons, etc. It Interrupted my sleep and I'd be embarrassed if I had company or shared the room with someone because I'd usually have to take care of the itching before I could sleep. I tried pretty much everything you could imagine to cure it or even reduce it but nothing was a cure. Cortaid with aloe was the only temporary fix but that too had its limits.

Then I decided to get my toenail fungus treated. The doctor zapped them with a Lazer, gave me a topical treatment and prescribed terbinafine for a month. Next thing I know, I was cured. The itching stopped - virtually within a few days or weeks... I'm not sure because I wasn't expecting it and I just kind of noticed. I didn't realize it at first but it had to have been the terbinafine. I swear that's what did it. I must have had some internal fungal infection that it cleared up nearly overnight. (And fixed my toenails too!)

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well good for you and what a relief that must have been too.  Sounds like in your case def a case of it being an fungal infection and the nail treatment cured the bottom as well! though i dont see how a topical treatment on your toes would cure the itchy bottom unless you transferred some to your bottom unknowingly ?Or was you given the terbinafine  in tablet form?  Ive just looked up all treatments for anal itching and this isnt coming up.
    • Posted

That's why I posted this - to make people aware. Terbinafine, as far as I know, is oral only. The topical treatment had nothing to do with it.

• Posted

Thank you so much for Sharing! I’m going to ask my GP about this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.