my story about codeine!

Posted , 3 users are following.

After I had my eldest son I was given some thing called Co-Proxamol, needless to say I got very addicted thankfully they had soon took these off the register! Unfortunately my back was still killing me so I turned to N+ I was taking anything from 64-100 a day!

Thankfully with will power I cut down to 32 a day by this method: I would have 8 tabs four times a day for a week, Then 7 tabs 4 times a day for a week.....and so on! I'm now down to 3 tabs four times a day and its getting hard now! I managed to get some lorazapam 1mg from the doctor yesterday which has helped me sleep! I've ordered some melatonin which should come today! does anyone know if they help with sleep?

Thanks for reading.

Kate.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

After I cut down to 32 I used "the method"
  • Posted

It was actually 5HPT that I ordered....are they just as good?

Kate.

• Posted

Quitting gets more difficult as the level comes down, but you are doing bloody marvellous. I'm not sure about Melatonin but I used some Zopiclone sleeping tablets (warning, addictive, use for short term only) and Valerian root extract (tea/tablets) - brilliant for sleeping, not addictive. I guess the trick now is moving forward without pushing yourself too hard. Fingers crossed for you :-)

• Posted

Hi Skylar

I'm cutting down too.  I was addicted to 30/500 co-codamol back in 2014 and came off them cold turkey which was horrid but I managed it.  Un fortunately I can't take any anti inflamatory pain killers or things like amitryptilene for complex reasosn so when I have serious pain my doc always gives me codein based painkillers.  This year I had serious pain in my wrists and arm and was given codeine phosphate 30mg, I'm now tapering off tyhem in the hope that when I get cleanagain my original pain will have gone.  Doing OK so far, down to 2 x 30mg a day p[lus 1 x 5mg diazepam.  Just got a little diarrhea still bvut nothing I can't handle so far.  Also taking paracetamol to help with headaches etc.

Wishing you well, we ar e in this together

Lizzie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.