My story, any insight appreciated!

Posted , 3 users are following.

my story starts a little over 2 years ago. I started having 2 periods a month, so I made an appointment with my ob gyn. I ended up having a pelvic/transvaginal ultrasound, and everything came back perfectly normal. She put me pn the mini pill and I've been taking it ever since.

Fast forward to October 2019. I completely stopped having periods at this point. after a few months with no period, I went back to my ob gyn, and she basically said "you're too fat so your body is making too much estrogen", didn't even bother to check my hormone levels, and sent me on my way.

Another fast forward to August of this year. Due to some other health concerns, I had been looking into PCOS. The symptoms seemed to fit, so I made an appointment with a new gynecologist. The day after I made the appointment, I had my first period in 10 months.

Describing my history and symptoms to the new doctor, she also thought it may be PCOS, so sent me for another pelvic/transvaginal ultrasound and tested my hormone levels. It took me a while to get in for the ultrasound, but i found out very soon after that my hormone levels were all normal.

Saturday I woke up with extreme nausea, I thought maybe I ate something that didn't agree with me.

Monday I went for the ultrasound, and the wand hurt REALLY bad when it was inside me.

I have the MyChart app, so I got my ultrasound results a few hours later. Instead of multiple cysts, like with PCOS, there was a single "mildly complex cystic structure" on my right ovary that they describe as "hemorrhagiac or proteinaceous" and measuring 2.5 cm.

The nausea continued, and shortly after the ultrasound I started having pelvic pain and pain in my lower right abdomen. I haven't been in to talk to my doctor about the results of the ultrasound yet, but I called her because I was concerned about my symptoms, and she told me it was probably my appendix (huh?) and I should go to emergency. I did.

I told emergency all of my symptoms and they did a CT scan to check my appendix. My appendix was perfectly fine, and they concluded that all of my symptoms were related to my ovarian cyst, except the nausea, which they couldn't explain.

They did, however, note that the cyst was now 3.2 cm (7 mm larger from Monday to Friday).

Here is a full list of my symptoms:

• 7 days of nausea and counting
  • lower right abdominal pain
  • abdominal pressure and bloating
  • cramping in either my bladder, uterus, cervix, or vagina (it's in that general area)
  • extreme fatigue
  • painful intercourse (assuming from ultrasound wand and tampons)
  • frequent and urgent urination

I'm worried that it might be cancerous, and I'm afraid that my doctor's will not, or have not, considered that. I can't stop thinking about this, and I don't see the doctor to formally discuss my results for 3 more days. The fact that she dismissed my symptoms as appendicitis worries me that she's not taking it seriously, though.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ❤

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had the same type of cyst and they are very painful. All of your symptoms as the same as what I experienced, including the nausea. I could hardly eat. Mine eventually went away but it took about 6-8 weeks. Yours has grown a little larger than mine so keep an eye on it. I hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Hi,

i am currently going through the exact same symptoms and they thought mine was appendicitis over the weekend. However, it turns out mine has ruptured but I am still in a lot of pain, nauseous and very bloated and look pregnant. Did you get to a conclusion with yours and on the mend?

sofia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.