My SupraPubic open simple prostatectomy

Posted , 10 users are following.

My Supra Pubic open simple prostatectomy was on May 2, 2018. I saw my urologist today for a follow up on my progress post surgery. Today is June 21, 2018. I healed up nicely. NO INCONTINENCE and NO ERECTION PROBLEMS.I got rid of my urine pads for good. I do have retro-ejactulation just has he said that I would. I now can pee about 20 oz at a time. I am very happy with the surgery. One amazing benefit from surgery is that my blood pressure has drastically dropped from about 165-180/100-110 to 126/73. This lower pressure was observed as of the day of surgery. Apparently the urine was backing up into the bladder, up the ureters and up into the kidneys. The kidneys sensed that there was a problem down below with the urine flow and the kidney's upped my BP to compensate. Anyway, I am grateful that have normal blood pressure now thanks to surgery. If any of you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.