My Surgeon Is Officially Baffled, Time for Something Else

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey, folks. So I've been battling pain, swelling, and a couple thromboses for months. I thought I had prolapsing hemmorhoids, got them banded but my condition more or less remained, and in fact got worse. So here's where I'm at as of today:

I start my day pretty normally, but swell up as it wears on. Yesterday I went for a walk and pretty quickly felt a lump develop back there. I went home and sure enough saw a purple bulge or bubble that could easily pass for a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Great. But here's where it gets interesting: I laid down and literally over the course of 15 minutes it shrank into invisibility. I have had these happen a few times now. I'll swell up, get a bubble, sometimes two, sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left, sometimes on both sides. And when I lay down, they shrink away. Very odd behavior.

My doctor is baffled. He says hemmorhoids don't do that and when he examines me he says I don't have external hemorrhiods. It's just swelling. Okay, great. WHY AM I SWELLING?

I'm now at the point where I've begun to investigate a different approach: pelvic floor physical therapy. I've been a few times and I find it promising. I clearly have very tight muscles down there and symptoms of nerve pain (burning mostly). I wonder if the swelling is related? Bad circulation from pelvic floor dysfunction? Neurogenic inflammation from a compressed pudendal nerve? Who knows? But my regular doctor is confused, and has nothing to cut, so that means I have to embrace this pelvic pt approach whole hog. I have no other choice unless I want a master of Chinese medicine to wave ginseng at me or something.

Anyone heard of anything like this? Daily swelling and ass bubbles that shrink when you lie down?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

mine dint dissapear however they change from morning to night in size and after walking i do swell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.