My SVT procedure seems to have worked :)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my procedure done on 6/11/17 after having suffered with this since 2011. However, it did progressively become worse over these past 12 months.

I was aware during the procedure and didn't feel too uncomfortable at all.

The worse part was having to be still during it. It took around 3 hours and then 2 hours lying flat afterwards. I was quite uncomfortable during this time.

This wasn't related to the procedure but just having to remain in this same position for so long.

My heart beats normally now, no more 180/190 bpm on resting.

Since the surgery, I have developed

Costochondritis, an inflammation of the rib cage, I can only assume this has stemed from my surgery.

All the pain being on the left side.

I'm taking tramadol as pain relief, but it's not helping that much.

So there you go, a successful procedure, all done and dusted smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Woohoo! That's awesome. I hope it continues to stay fixed and you don't have to deal with SVT anymore smile

• Posted

How did you find out that you had costochondritis?
    • Posted

I went to my Dr told him my symptoms and that's what he said it was.

My consultant who I saw last week for a post op check up said it was possible that the surgery triggered it.

As of today it's much better, so obviously it's healing smile

• Posted

Continuing congratulations, Patricia, on your success.  I know your experience will be encouraging to lots of SVT people.  I also hope you soon leave your costochondritis behind.  Recovery from it can be slow, though.  Take the best of care of yourself. 
    • Posted

Thank you, it's quite remarkable that I no longer SVT.

After the surgery my consultant told me to stop taking my 5 mg of Bisoprolol, obviously I didn't need it anymore.

I was happy with his decision because I really don't like taking medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.