My SVTs And PVCs are gone - my cure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with SVTs and PVCs, after I went in because of pounding and skipped heart beats.Basically told no cure except surgery for more severe cases. Since I was 50 pounds overweight I decided to join Weight Watchers to see if losing weight would help. While I didn't lose much weight, I started eating the much healthier food that they recommended and eating much less of the bad food (chips, sweets, wine..) that I normally eat. Within 3 or 4 days the pounding heartbeat was gone and the skipped beats seemed to be subside. Within a few weeks, they were gone. 5 years later, I'm still symptom free. I've been eating what weight watchers taught me for the past 5 years, and I feel better in other ways too…. I don't know if it'll help you too, but I wanted to share…

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you!!!

I also have SVT (atrial tachycardia)

While my weight is good, I have never seen any connection to it. I have episodes weekly ranging from 10 minutes to 6 hours. Maneuvers usually work. I do not go to the hospital for this.

I used to have flutters and have found magnesium really helps this

You mentioned yours skips are gone, but what about your SVT?

• Posted

What I noticed was, when I started eating right, the thumping/pounding heartbeat went away, and the skipped beats stopped - now I have a regular heartbeat , all the time. I haven't gone back in to get officially checked for the SVTs etc (I feel fine now and nothing they can about it anyway, right? ) I just know I'm in a much better place with this diet because I don't feel any of the symptoms that I felt before...

• Posted

p.s. One other symptom that I had that I no longer have, was like a clenching/ tightening of my heart/ heart muscle, from time to time.That also went away with the changed diet.

• Posted

Sugar and alcohol can definitely affect your heart rate if you have an intolerance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.