My symptoms have returned with a vengeance

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had the classic symptoms of endometriosis and had a laparoscopy. My doctor didn't see any endometrial tissue and the case was pretty much closed. Over time I started to feel better but over the last year things have gotten progressively worse. I now have periods that are only about 15-20 days apart, I bleed incredibly heavily, I have cramps that hurt so badly I can't function. My periods last from 9-11 days, sex is really painful, and I have bad cramping between my periods. Should i be worried?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

adenomyosis causes some of the same kind of symptoms endometriosis does but more focused on heavy long and irregular bleeding and pain with period. my endo causes painful ovulation for about a week followed by nerve pain in hips, legs, pelvis and lower back. migraines and nausea and exteme endo for about 3 weeks a month. them a long heavy period with cramps that feel like im going to give birth. my sister inlaw had adenomyosis and i have endo. she had uterus removed and all symptoms gone for 5 years. i had laporoscopy to remove stage 4 along with my damaged tubes 10 months ago. all my symptoms are all back and 10 times worse. dr is going to remove all new endo and hysterectomy. tell your dr your concerns and have them look into other things you could have or maybe some options to help the pain

• Posted

Of course you should be concerned about this. I can't tell you what ails you but I can say something is wrong.

You don't mention your age. It is a factor in how concerned any doctor will be. Sad but true all too often. I can't speak to adenomyosis. Just from hanging out here for several years, i don't recall hearing of endo women with such long periods. On the other hand, one of our sisters here had 3 laps before docs found her endo.

I hope you find a great obgyn who can figure this out and help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.