My Theory on Fibro

Posted , 2 users are following.

I truly believe many issues in our body systems need to be "fixed"...thyroid, adrenals, hormones, minerals and whatever else it takes....

The FM hit me from an emotional trauma in 1999 and my body went into a concrete block feeling.....the fight/flight/fright syndrome.

I now believe had I been taking thyroid support the trauma would not have hit me like it did.I had been trying since 1991 to get a thyroid dx and the doc kept telling me my numbers are normal.....that is so much hogwash I know that now....

We are symptoms not numbers....Prior to labs good old docs gave their patients dessicated thyroid for their many symptoms they came in with....

I finally got on Armour thyroid in 2002, my osteopath called it in for me and the rest is history....He knew it was thyroid and didn't need labs to help fix me. He was a good OLD MD who knew his stuff and not tied hugely to big pharma and the lab industry....

THe docs coming out of med schools now are the new breed: labs and synthetic thyroid meds...

I've NEVER gone to an MD for FM help and learned everything on my own....I manage and also deal with OA and a messy hip replacement, so lots of other pain.

I use a LOT of FM supplements and work on the adrenals and take DHEA for hormone support, taken it many years from my integrative MD. it's otc here in the U.S.

I get labs done once a year and keep on top of it all with all I've learned over the many years....I was older with FM hit me, I was 61....today I'm 76.So there it is...what I believe has to be fixed....

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

untill doctors stop treating us as $/£ signs and start treating us as induviduals alot of people will stay sick and getting sicker , thats why i have great faith in homeopathic medincine because differant people with the same condition are treated as there symptoms not the condition . well done you for controlling your symptoms the more natrual way.tian .uk
    • Posted

Has anyone seen my Sleep Remedy, since the FM trauma my sleep has changed dramatically....I posted my sleep Combo on the Hip Replacement group, the main reason I'm here, and if you'd like to see it here, I'll bring it over here.... It's an all alternative combo and I sleep 8-10 hrs every night...it took some years to get to this but I found what worked in my body.....

Never took any sleep pharma drugs....saw other people on them and it was not a good sight...j

• Posted

i sleep ok at least 8hrs since using magneiusum spray on my body.

its . i thought getting more night time sleep would make me suffer less with fatigue .but nope its just the same.

regards tian x

• Posted

If mag oil helps with sleep that is good, mag is critical PERIOD...

There are more pieces of the FM puzzle....wish it were mag alone....but sleep is healing and that is a huge part.

• Posted

I've noticed people asking does FM get worse? It can improve with the correct treatments....too many stick with a multitude of drugs and these are not the answers.....

Many body systems need to be addressed: thyroid, adrenals, hormones and it goes on and on.

Those who do not address these only get worse and worse

Drugs don't heal, these are bandaids....and more pain pills cause more pain....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.