My thighs suddenly grow bigger?

Posted , 3 users are following.

One week ago I started doing an intercalated exercise routine of one day strength/resistance and the next day cardio. My diet was the same throughout this month and I kept a 1500 calorie intake per day. However, since I started the exercise routine I noticed that my weight increased and my thighs grew. It wasn't such a big change, but it worries me if it continues to increase (both my weight and the size of my thighs).

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

remember that weight does fluctuate slightly on a daily basis. Could you have  been a bit dehydrated when you weighed yourself last week?

also, did you measure your thighs in exactly the same place as previous?

i'd be surprised if you are noticing a significant difference after only one week.

• Posted

it wasn't a big difference, just half a centimeter. Maybe I was dehydrated when I weighed myself. I guess I am just kinda sensitive when it comes to dieting and body image. But, do you think that the exercise could have increased the size of my thighs? because I was sticking to my diet and I am hoping that it's not my diet's fault. 
    • Posted

i don't know if exercise can have such a difference so quickly. maybe need to wait until a sports person replies?
  • Posted

Hi Coral

Something I learnt when I was well into weight training is that muscle is heavier than fat, but check it out with a qualified trainer, I hope this helps.

Newby

• Posted

Are you doing more leg exercises than other types fo activity.

Try excercising doing push-ups.Your entire corps is working 

out that way.  If you can't do a full push-up then do a half from your knees.

good luck and don't give up.

By the way, My thighs grew larger also,  but are fine now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.