My thoughts are actually causing my diseases.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am really worried that i cant control my mind. i am not sure if i have OCD or some other brain disorder. but i have had it since long. I keep on thinking about a disease until I actually get it. I dont deliberately do it, I despise such thoughts. but i feels like my mind has its own voice and keeps on reminding me that i will catch that disease because i am a human and i can get any disease. i got my breathing problem that same way. i was watching tv and saw a person using asthma pump. i told myself i will never want such kind of issues in my life. but after few years i got lung infection and since then my brain has not left me without saying every single day that i have asthma, its been 10years i had lung infection. i have been denied by many doctors that i dont have it. and haven't used any pump till now. but i feel that i am not able breath properly.

I have already struggled with hiv infection fear for last 4 years. now i am facing other fear that i will catch vitiligo.

i am in absolute distress and tired of fighting with my mind. is here anyone who can help. sorry for long rant.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

dear new hope,

Please don't think that you are alone in this. I have done this for many of years and sometimes still do. It can get better. I stopped listening to the ads about health concerns and medications. they are the worst anyways. then I tell myself that I am ok and not sick over and over. I would give myself a certian amount of time before I would call the doctor. Its all about retraining your brain to think positively. I go to a CBT class that helps. I also put stickers on the mirror when I get ready in the morning I can remind myself with positive thoughts about myself. such as I am not sick. if you want get you a O2 censer thru amazon if it is above 90 it means that you are getting enough oxygen. it might help you from obsessing over it. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.