My thoughts are killing me ;(

Posted , 4 users are following.

For 7 weeks I been doing good up and down but the last 3 days my thoughts been really bad. I have OCD these thoughts are like you gonna lose control is New Years and you still having anxiety you will never make it please help I feel like I m going crazy too much stress? I don't know what to do I m so depressed now this thoughts won't let me alone ;(

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ana I am with you on this 1. I don't have OCD but I have borderline personality disorder. It consumes me every day. My bad thoughts torture non stop. I feel like I need a break from all the stressors in this life. I am unable to work and succeed in the things I once loved. I have no status in society anymore. I am a shell of a person because of my mental health issues. You are not alone

• Posted

sad yeah is really hard not worry about it I just letting my fear go letting my self get scared of this thoughts and keep going on with my live is hard because sometimes I think OMG worries is not I have to stop worrying but is not me my thoughts are really bad I try to look at them like a friend but is not working

• Posted

I feel your pain. I let my thought out rule my body it's horrible. I always have fear of health and what if's. I hope you are seeing a doctor because I know for myself I couldn't continue on my own. There is days where I just lay in bed and cry and worry. Next day I tell myself wow see your still here. All that pain and worry for what. Then hour later it's Pete and repeat feelng. I just keep telling myself God's got this.wishing u some wellness and peace

• Posted

Yes i m seeing a therapist but we are the only one that can take control of this no one can help us but our self working hard I try to go on we my life and let my worries come and go also I think positive sometimes is hard but every day I feel like I m learning how to cope with this God know what we going through and if if have us going through this is for a reason he have the control we just have to keep pushing
  • Posted

Hi Ana. I really feel for you. We have to keep remembering that they are not real. We can control them. I know its easier said than done. I dont have full OCD, just a mild form. Theres so much stresses of life to get through on a daily basis
    • Posted

Yes what is helping you with this thoughts?
    • Posted

To be honest I dont know. Right now I am sitting here at the laptop feeling so confused. I go from feeling really good to feeling panicked. I try to keep remembering what my councellor tells me, that its mind over matter. My fears are irrational. I try to breathe deeply like she has told me, to think positive thoughts. She has got me writing in a diary 10 minutes a day that helps. Have you been seeing yours for long?
    • Posted

Not for long but doesn't seem to know a lot about OCD I been doing explosure and respond prevention is exposing my self to the thought food or anything that cause me fears and and letting the anxiety go away Without doing compulsive behavior or rituals I feel better but sometimes I confused also i used to have panicks attacks no any more because I stop all negative thinking and think positive and distract my mind when I feel panic also I try to stay positive because if i don't I will get depressed and depression bring more anxiety more feel better but OCD still here a little bit been doing this for 7 weeks my self

• Posted

You sound like you are doing really well. Its our thoughts and our minds that are making us feel like we are not doing as well as we really are. I do routine everything ... and I really am trying my hardest to change. My DH working shiftwork has put my routine out of wack and made me panic even more. 

You say you distract your mind. In what ways?

• Posted

Thank you I have good days and bad days I distract my mind I find something positive and something that I like doing music tv shows go out take walk ect
    • Posted

My councellor has recommended to get some calming cd's. Must pick some up .. I know I'm not helping you right now but it helps to talk to someone. Life can be so stressful with all the running about that ita easy to see how easy it can be to leave our minds take over. 

I cant speak fully on OCD but you sound like an extremely strong person who is getting there

• Posted

Yea 23 year old I overcamed Washing OCD 2008 and overcamed counting OCD 2010 I was a a normal person after all this I have 3. Years without OCD. Without mess never been on pills I was most happy ever but 2012. My OCD came back stronger ;(And I didn't know how to cope but now I get up and remain my self that I overcomed this 2 time in my life already I have to do it now

• Posted

OCD sucks but I refuse to give up I refuse to take pills I wanna go to the pain like I did before and overcome it
    • Posted

Your positive attitude is showing. You can overcome this. What is letting it in? Why? Has something in your life changed?
    • Posted

Yea in 2012 when it came back I tried really hard to overcome and keep going on on my life but my family didn't support me they said I was crazy and they made everything worse so I think I went down in protective behavior cycle and my OCD just got worse plus depression i didn't know how to cope but. Now I decided to overcome this because I did it before and I didn't need support from family now I don't need support from family either

• Posted

But now I live with my bf and he support me and The town we live there not a lot things to do in winter but we have a car and he drive me places and support me I think I have all my tools back to overcome this
    • Posted

It sounds like you have a good support system and you know what works biggrin

• Posted

Thank you hope You can overcome this situation. Too
    • Posted

Anxiety is taking alot of my control which I hate.We will just take 1 hour at a time. Here if you need to chat
    • Posted

Yea I understand are you on any medication?
    • Posted

Hi Ana. Yes am on lexapro. I would love to come off it and hoping that this year that will happen. I had a thyroidectomy just over 2 years ago and started the meds then. Hope u r doing ok 
    • Posted

Oh ok yes I m doing good well up and down to be honest is hard getting back to normal life but I m going there step by step I m not on any meds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.