My thumb scan is throbbing, serious health anxiety please help because I am panicking

Posted , 3 users are following.

The other day whilst I was lifting a television I somehow scraped my thumb on the front. Will include a pic. This was about 52 hours ago approx. Within two minutes of scraping my thumb I washed it with cold water, waited for the bleeding to stop then applied Savlon and 5 minutes later a plaster. It has been stinging for two days more or less, kind of an urge to itch it. About an hour ago I noticed a throbbing sensation in my thumb and I can't really feel it now however if I start thinking about it I can still feel it. I am a nervous wreck and really scared. I always have an urge to click my fingers not sure if the throbbing emanated from there: it doesn't hurt, only a tiny tiny amount however I can feel the scrape. No pus & redness spreading. Here is a pic. Is throbbing normal during healing process??? 

https://www.upload.ee/image/8282237/IMG_3619.PNG

https://www.upload.ee/image/8282241/IMG_3618.PNG

I know it might sound pathetic but I have serious health anxiety and this month at least four times believed I had sepsis from other insignificant cuts. Is a mild throbbing sensation normal as part of the healing process that has subsided partially?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mathew I would think a bit of throbbing is probably quite normal after a cut, so long as it's clean and not swollen up and burning and very inflamed, have you had a recent tetanus well within the last ten years

Please don't worry as it's sounding ok

• Posted

Thank you for replying as I am really worrying. No it isn't burning just throbbing a small amount, I cut it two days ago. Does the photo look normal?

• Posted

That's ok then as only 4 years at most, your picture links are not working so I can't see them and can't cut and paste sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.