My toenails are a weird color

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hadn't newly applied nail polish on my toes in a while so I decided to do it now since I wasn't occupied with anything. I began to take the nail polish I already had on when I started to realize that my toenail was a strange, abnormal color. I was wondering if anyone knows what could've caused this coloring and if it's harmful to my health?image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You should always put a clear basecoat on your nails, before apply nail color so your true nails won't turn color from the harmful chemicals. Did all your nails turn this color? I do not like the dark areas, the yellow will grow out or you can buy toenail fungus polish at a dollar store for a few dollars. Works very well. If the dark areas are not from trauma from hitting your toes and were there, before you polished them with that one color, then go see a dermatologist asap for possible Melanoma skin cancer. This is the most aggressive form of skin cancer!

• Posted

It looks like you've been using dark colors in the past. If you don't put a base coat on first, it will dye your nails until they grow out. So, it's probably that. My favorite base coat is Revlon. It's white and is just awesome!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.