my treatment for psoriosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

i thought i would share my treatment as i know many of u suffer.

iv have had p for 9 years and have tried all the creams and moisturisers.herbal. and everything else under the sun.i had 85% coverage on my hands and very big patches all over my legs.and arms my treatment is simple. no creams at all.

no pills or potions.

i use disposable gloves on my hands. and i use disposable sleaves for my legs and arms. i wear these to bed and when i get up in the morning i remove them my skin is damp with sweat and all the dry skin just wipes off. i have cleared my hands now to 1%. and it stays like that for a few months with no treatment . i do get it flairing up and i start again it takes around 2 week but i do get a few months without it

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The treatment you describe is very similar to what my doctor recommends. It’s called occlusion I cover my P with plastic wrap use tar creams once a week. Usually a few times and it’s cleared for a few weeks or sometimes has completely cleared.Cotton Gloves is a must during day until all fissures are healed. 

Also light treatment can help and takes many many treatments to achieve clearing, summer exposure to sun 🌞 is best and helps the body make vitamins D and clears up my P in a few short days. Never allow the skin to burn. Only early am exposure . 

also use a hand hand spa with lavender wax to did hands and feet in warm wax and cover until cooled. Then remove wax as the lavender oils help treat the skin derm layers and wrap over nite. 

My p is weather related as winters are cold and drys out the skin . I use no soaps with SLS- sodium laurel sulfate... a harsh chemical that created the suds in soaps detergents and cleaning products. 

Taking vit D and Vit A along with creams with vit A and only use glycerin soaps. What has helped in my case is a water filter system and black light on all in home water and a soft water system treated with salt. 

There are many OTC products and steroid creams cortisone sand bio injections on the market .

everyone is different and reacts different to all the treatments available for P. It’s reassuring to hear that you are doing well with your treatment and consistency is the best way to manage P.

i also have shingles and have the immunization vaccine which is helpful to controlling outbreaks and severe itching

Congrats to your successful management and thanks for sharing . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.