My understanding of acute anal fissure and cures

Posted , 3 users are following.

I developed acute anal fissure 4 weeks ago. It is very painful and its hard to tell the difference between high pain and slightly less pain which is why i cant tell its healing or not. So instead of fearing this wound I have started to learn about it. Here I will share my understanding. Feel free to point out my misconceptions. 

ANAL FISSURE:

it is a open wound (s) in a place where feces comes out. We deficate daily so it is hard for that wound to remain sealed through coagulated blood. Healing It is like trying to change a flat tyre in a moving car.

WHAT I DO:

I started with "sucralfate, metronidazole, lignocaine hcl cream" and I am still using it.

SITZ BATH is magical to reduce the pain BUT its too much work. You cant sit in a tub whole day. So i have found an alternative. I have a electric heat mattress 50 *50 cm. I warm it to 50 degrees and I sit on it with something comfortable on. The pain disappears and if it pains I increase the temprature 5 degree more. At first i did not understand why this happens but i read somewhere that one reason somepeople are more probe to fissures are because the blood circulation in the anal region is not enough. More the blood circulation , more the speed of healing. If i go back 5 years in time I will tell myself to daily sit on the electric heat mattress for some time so that I never develop a fissure. Well it is what it is..... so I think my rate of healing should be more between two BMs . Even if i am pain free will continue to do this and take stool softener of some time. Then I will switch to a natural stool softner and will continue to sit on the heat mattress. I expect my wound to heal and the location on wound will have to be strong enough so that possibility of reocurrence reduces with time. But its all in my head. If i dont heal in a year then there is no point of tolerating the pain on a daily basis I will opt for LIS surgery. YES it affects my life. I will keep on updating. In the mean time please share your story.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I became an alcgamist.i used all the creams in the world.the last thing that was helpful was force of nature fissure control.for 3 years I toll this pain the crush gladd pain in my bowl moven the loss of blood and the pain to follow.i did scleratherspt for the hemeroids.but had to give in to a fissurectomy and hemeroidectomy. Til no more then 3 month it will go and come back but after 3 month just go take care of it.
    • Posted

I have heard many people say that it will reappear after a break. If that is the case then I will opt for surgery as soon as I get time off my work. Yesterday i bought sone ayurvedic syrups ( stool softners) ... this shows how desperate i am to get rid of this pain. Thank you for sharing your experience it means a lot.

• Posted

I made a posting that got deleted by the moderator but after reading here I decided to treat the pain as infection. I've been a five year sufferer with my best week in years.

Neosporin was my cure. Apply every few hours until cured and after bms.

I had problems with weeping which seemed tied to the infection.

In a week I've used most off a tube. Feel fabulous!

• Posted

Thank you carbonman. You must be very strong. How dis you manage to tolerate this pain for 5 years. Do we get used to the pain ?
    • Posted

I'm stubborn I guess. I had managed by pooping ever other day only at night to allow the night to recoop, eating a bit less.

I'm so happy to report that using a topical has almost eliminated the problem. Regular Neosporin has changed my life.

I just bought a Neosporin with more ingredients. See if that's even better.

I'm trying out a Dr. Sheffields Triple Antiobiotic Ointment for 88 cents at Walmart. Same ingredients as the Neosporin but way cheaper.

Please anyone out there suffering, give an antibiotic a shot.

• Posted

Don't wait to long I did 4 to 5 years it got better then progress and progress became an alchemists tried all the creams in the world.go to me take care of it don't wait a year the day you have a very painfull bm that's when the agony starts you will hate doing bm of fear of the pain.tale care of it soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.