My update....diagnosed Jan 10th 2018

Posted , 3 users are following.

1st 3-4 months had low fever, fatigue, joint pain and bad gland swelling with 3-4 swollen lymph nodes right side neck. 2nd month had the flu so everything was amplified and made even worse by my stress of not knowing what is truly wrong plus a little depression.---------*5-9 months- fever gone(except for a couple of sinus infections), gland swelling down(no longer a big fat face with 3 chins just 2), lymph nodes still swollen same size and bad neck pain on right side, still fatigued overall with new left ear popping symptom. More sadness and concern feeling. Just so sick of this!-------------------------- This last month--no more neck pain(lymph nodes still up but maybe a little smaller),not as fatigued, no more ear pain or popping, New symptom... swollen groin lymph nodes just a little but bad pain in hips when walking.(average 16000 steps per day) Just when you think you may have this beat this virus kicks your ass some more. -----Now about me...Thru all of this hell i have only missed 2 days of work of my 12 hour shifts. Missing work is not an option with 2 daughters in college so the stress and pressure has added up. I follow this forum everyday and I wish i could take all of your pain and worry away. I hope we all can keep trying as hard as it is some days. I just know i am beat down and tired..really tired...Love to all of you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Cjay,

Oh your message really hits home about how painful and tough a year you have been through, I remember from my own experience of this thing words can't describe the ups and downs and low periods and how hard it is to deal with such intense symptoms every day over the course of a year. The courage you have shown also really comes across Cjay, to keep going with work all through this time is amazing, I know it's something I couldn't have done, remember just to keep looking after yourself and go at your own pace as much as possible and if you can rest and recover when able to - just put your health first, I know it's easier said than done when the pressures of life and responsibilities beckon.

Just want to reassure you Cjay, that things do get better from this, even though I know after a year it can get to a stage when naturally you feel discouraged and just not sure anymore. My experience was that Year 2 was one of hope and recovery, one of movement when I started to feel more human again after an awful first year similar to yours. It's amazing and real progress that you're walking 16,000 steps a day, I can't manage that and that's many years after being recovered from mono!! I am more than happy if I get anywhere near 10,000 steps a day, have been seeing that as an achievement and blessing when able to manage it.

Remember this thing has no logic in the recovery pattern, it is normal and frustrating that kind of pattern where things maybe feel a little better for a spell and then a setback happens and it can be really hard to cope with that kind of up and down experience. But absolutely want you to know Cjay in my experience this is a phase that passes, things do level out and your body strength and resilience does fully come back over time, where you get to a stage where you can do more activity and cope with more stress without paying for it the next day or a few days later or whatever. It was only thanks to God I got over this horrible thing, and I truly believe you will too with God's help Cjay - thinking about you and empathising with what you have been going through, and truly believing there is hope and full recovery ahead for you - 2019 is going to be a much better year, hoping and praying for this!!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.