My Vagina has been raw and itchy for like a month, please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so this has been happening to me on and off for years since i was like 12 (before i had any sort of sexual interactions with anyone). The amount of time it takes to go away varies each time but this time it has lasted more than a month. I've never been able to go to a doctor while it has been happening and now with quarantine i can't but i need help. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It usually is just irritated skin until i scratch and then there are tiny surface level cuts which heal by the next day. My discharge changes too, it is white and very thick almost like cottage cheese. It doesn't smell it just really itches and when I wash the urge to itch goes away for a couple of hours making me think that maybe it is a bacterial infection. I've had sex with a milder outbreak of it before with multiple guys and none of them have gotten any sort of STI or STD, I have also gotten tested for the most common STIs and STDs and I was negative.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you may have yeast infection since the symptoms were itching and irritation. If your discharge is thick white like cottage cheese, could be yeast infection. Have you have sex with protection? And if i were you id try to get check with the doctor about it.

• Posted

with my last partner we used protection but the one before no, i'm on birth control

• Posted

anyone can have any sort of disease without knowing it. my guess might be yeast infection however you should get check with a doctor

• Posted

also try not to scratch it, i know its hard not to scratch since you have the urge to, but since your vigina is very sensitive, it would make it worse. is your vigina area has redness or anything?

• Posted

that pink area is supposed to be brown like the rest of my skin but its raw

• Posted

hey its been raw and pink with cuts like those when you were a virgin too?

• Posted

Dear el57233,

The skin changes are typical of lichen simplex chronicus, which is the result of repetitive scratching and rubbing of the area. Common causes include skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, contact dermatitis (allergy) as well as infections like thrush (candida). Treatment is to control the underlying skin condition, if present, and/or any infection like thrush. If you are experiencing recurrent thrush, may I ask if you've been checked for diabetes?

Bottom line is you need to see a dermatologist, because some of these meds (steroids, antidepressants and antihistamines) require a prescription and supervised management:

Potent topical steroids

Coal tar preparations

Moisturisers to relieve dryness and reduce desire to scratch

Cooling creams containing menthol

Antihistamine or tricyclic antidepressant

Rgds,

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.