My verruca won't leave!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive had a verruca on my right foot for about 6 years now and have tried all of the 'over the counter' boxes like the freeze spray and the gel. It noting was working. I tried using the vinegar and putting tape over it but it just seemed to get blacker and more painful so I gave in and went to the doctors... I have just finished my treatment with silver nitrate and the verruca is STILL HERE! 

Please... If any one has any suggestions how to get rid of it then that would be great,,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My grandaughter had a verruca on her foot and I suggested something that I had read about but didn't quite believe.  My daughter in law was delighted that after trying several ways of getting rid of it it had finally gone - the miracle cure - banana skin!!  Tape the skin with the inside against the verruca for a few days and apparently it makes the verruca go black and fall off.  She did it at night and put a sock over it to make sure it stayed on as it would have been uncomfortable to be walking about with a banana skin and, as I said, it worked.  Just Google verruca and banana skin and see what I'm talking about.  You may see articles saying that the banana skin is an old wife's tale and won't work but I know it does.  
  • Posted

Have you tried essential oils? They work for me and my friend just got rid of a silver dollar sized verruca using frankincense essential oil and oregano. I have also used cinnamon lemon and tea tree successfully. You just put three to four drops of essential oil in a carrier oil like coconut, almond or even olive oil and then apply it 2-3 times a day. It just gets smaller and smaller and then flakes off. My verruca took longer than other warts but it still worked in about six weeks. Cinnamon and oregano are hot oils so please always dilute before use. Also layer the oils if you use multiple don't blend the two together. Wait about 30 seconds in between applications. I'd start with frankincense and oregano or frankincense and tea tree. Best of luck! It's so discouraging when doctors can't help sad

• Posted

My son is 15 and has been plagued with varrucas for years,we have tried all different types of treatment ,over the counter, GP and lastly we tried a session of dry needling £300 with a podiatrist none of this has worked at all,so i read a post on here about VINEGAR,,my son  did have a lot the largest being larger than a 50p, anyway i thought i give vinegar a go so i bought a £1.25 bottle of white wine vinegar,every night i dab the verrucas with vinegar on cotton wool and then the largest ones i cover with soaked cotton wool and cover with plasters and remove them in the morning after a few days the verrucas turn black and a few days later they peel off,they may come back but keep applying the treatment and they will go,if youfeel the treated area is a little sore then leave alone for a day or two.My son didnt experience any dicomfort at all, some of the smaller verrucas dissappeared very quickly the larger is now down to smaller than a 5p,the difference is amazing my son is no longer embarassed about his feet,I did poo poo the vinegar idea to stat with but very quickly changed my mind, its the only thing that has worked
  • Posted

Im writing this in hope of helping another person who has suffered with embarrassing warts. Here's my story..

Since the age of about 5years old i grew a small pea sized verruca type wart on my left hand inner palm near my thumb. From 10yrs old to 20yrs old i have spent a large unknown amount of money on over the counter wart removers (ie. Gels, freezers, bandages with gels). Ive tried cutting it off, duct tape, and tea tree oil with negative results. In my early 20s i spoke with my family doctor who tried using nitrogen (i think) to freeze the stubborn wart with negative results. He tried this painful treatment mayb 4 or 5 times before sending me to a dermatogist. The dermatologist was not only expensive but also used quite painful methods in a attempt to kill the wart. He attempted to freeze the warts with Nitrogen atleast 6 times before trying an electrical device that burned and left a large hole in my palm for weeks just to have the stubborn wart return after a month or two. He tried the electrical device 3 more times after that. Eventually the one wart became 3 and i was terrified that it would continue to multiply.

So here's the good news, At the age of 25, i searched youtube for alternative methods to kill the embarrassing now 3 warts. I found one that was quite simple and only required items that most people have at home. I gave it a shot and it worked!!! The pain is manageable and this method is pretty much free.

Warning: This is an extreme method. If you attempt this method and injure yourself i take no responsibility. Im simply explaining my story and what my experience was.

Here's what I used:

1) A heat source(I used the flame from my stovetop)

2) A fairly long nail or screw

3) Pliers that lock in place (Locking is helpful)

4) Bottle of disinfecting rubbing alcohol

5) Paper towels

Here's what I did:

I took the "head" part of a nail and used the locking pliers to clamp onto it. The sharp point of the nail was furthest away from the pliers handles. I held the sharp point of the nail over the stove top flame for several seconds until it was very hot. I placed my hand faceup on the kitchen countertop and then slowly placed the heated point onto easy wart. The nail will cool quickly so i reheated between warts. My warts were thick and to be honest i couldn't feel the heat from the nail for a while. The warts turned white and then black as i continued this process. The point on the nail allowed me to reach deep within the wart and burn those small black dots that, from what i have read, are actually the virus. Once i began to feel pain i handled as much as i could bear and then i stopped. I took the rubbing alcohol and poured some onto a papertowel. I was careful to be far from the open flame while handling the alcohol. I rubbed the alcohol covered papertowel over the treated area. There was a little bit of blood but not much.

The area stayed tender for about 2 to 4 days but the pain was far far less then what i experienced at the dermatologist. I was still able to work, my friends and co worker could hardly notice. Now to fast forward...

Its been almost a year since i self treated and there is no sign of the warts!!!! Hardly even a scar. I am happy to say im cured of those embarrassing ugly things that i have been dealing with for almost my entire life. I hope my story helps someone out there. I could of saved myself thousands of dollars if i tried this at an earlier age. Peace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.