My vision got distorted since yesterday

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have myopia of different degrees (Right eye: -3.5, left eye: -5.0) and wear glasses. Also I often have eye strain which can make my eye muscles hurt when turning the eyes, and so on.

But yesterday evening, I was clipping my toenails and was bent down with my head for a few minutes. After I had finished and stood up, I noticed something odd about my vision. It seemed like my eyes were unable to focus, even as if they weren’t aligned properly.

I had hoped this would go away once I give them some rest at night, but when I woke up, the problem persisted. My vision is ok in the center of the glasses, but feels uncomfortable once I turn my eyes upwards or sideward, also I only feel uncomfortable when looking with both eyes. If I cover one of the eyes, I can see fine.

I can describe the feeling as being similar to when you get new, stronger glasses and have a kind of distorted vision at first until you get used to your new glasses. Which is weird, because I’ve had my current glasses for 2 years and I’m already well used to them.

Another instance where I get this effect is when putting in contacts. The vision is distorted at first, and then I get used to it. After I take them out in the evening and put on my glasses, the vision is distorted again, but the distortion goes away after a good night’s sleep.

Since this started after I had my head bent down, I guess it could be the cause? Did I put too much pressure on my eyes and now the muscles are strained? Or could it be a blood flow thing?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ok so I still don't know what caused this, but I switched to my old glasses and now I feel fine. They're not as strong and I can't see very well into the distance, but at least the distortion is gone. So maybe there was something wrong with my glasses after all. I will schedule an appointment to get my eyes checked out and maybe get a new prescription.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.