My visit to knee consultant

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have posted about the rash on my tkr knee before. Ive had the rash almost from surgery in November last year. Surgeon who did op said allergic reaction to the metal is "almost unheard of" but I sought a 2nd opinion with an emiment surgeon privately. He told me the same,that there were no known cases of this happening. Said it was "incisional folliculitis" to do with the drainage. Also that it would probably clear in time. He prescribed me antibiotics. Flucloxacillin. One weeks supply . No drastic change in the rash after 3 days but I am more reassured that this is nothing worse. He also noted that the rash is only on one side of the scar. . Posting this in reply to all the kind members who have tried to help. Any further comments or questions appreciated.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.