My vulva/opening to my vagina has been irritated and red for a while. What should I do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My vagina has been like this for a while. It is red, irritated, itchy, and my discharge is white, slightly chunky and has a slight smell but I'm not sure if its a normal smell or not. kinda cheesy but its not strong. There is one thing i can resort to before going to the doctor: I took antibiotics for a while for strep throat but got surgery in June 2019 to remove my tonsils, so i stopped taking antibiotics in may.

sex is very uncomfortable. it has caused vaginal dryness and, since its irritated, it won't relax. Please help me lolimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

looks like a yeast infection but it could be BV instead since youve been on meds. Antibobics are killers

• Posted

i hope i dont have BV ! thank you for the response

• Posted

Looks like yeast infection. Can cause all the things you described. Monistat cream which is sold over the counter takes care of yeast infections if thats what it is. You can get a 1 day 3 or 7 day course of treatment. 3 or 7 day course probably best. Can be found in the feminine care aisle in most big stores or drug stores. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.